66 Dart Owners thread

-
Now that I can post photos I figured I would send a few of our Dart. This is our 4th, 66 Dart GT and we are proud of the way it turned out after over a years hard work and our life savings. This is the car my Wife and I wanted back in 1971 when we got our first one. We didn't have the money or tools to build it then. But I think we got it right this time. For what we have in this Dart,we could have come close to buying a new Challenger. The motor is a new Blueprint 408" Crate Motor with new cluthch, bellhousing and 8 3/4", rearend with 3.23 gears. The 4-speed is completly rebuilt. It was upgraded to power steering and 4-wheel power disk brakes. TTi exhaust, 15x7 ralley wheels with 265/50/15s on the back and 215/60/15s on the front. I guess I could go on all night. Just let me say that the little Dart is "better than new" My Wife said she wouldn"t trade it for a Viper. Me.....thats another story.
Thanks,
Benny

pic9 (Medium).jpg

pic1 (Medium).jpg

pic8 (Medium).jpg

pic14 (Medium).jpg

pic20 (Medium).jpg

pic18 (Medium).jpg

pic16 (Medium).jpg

pic5 (Medium).jpg

pic13 (Medium).jpg

pic14 (Medium) (Medium) (Medium).jpg

WoW!!Rapter426 that is one nice 66 Dart GT,with a 408,4 speed to boot!The interior is nicely done,engine compartment is grear looking(hate flex fans,blades crack and fly off)She,s a beauty!I,m with your wife,I wouldn,t give it up.You can always buy a Chally when..if the economy comes back and they,re lower in price or used.Job well done:cheers:=P~

Really good looking '66 Dart's here !!

This one is mine:

Dscf0002.jpg

Finnish car enthuast magazine called Mobilisti, www.mobilisti.fi was also interested to make a story about my Dart, so, i promised to help them with the story and i write about 8 page story and guess what, they didn't use their own story at all and they printed my written story little bit shortened for the magazine :D

http://www.mobilisti.fi/galleria/index.html

Great lookin' Darts guys! Glad to see a nice Dart from the other side of the planet too. It's a small world. Keep em' comin' toolman

Dart66GT, The front seats are "Procar Elite 1100" Seats. You will also need the seat brackets. I got mine from Summit . They usually have the seats and brackets in their catalog. Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Benny

Hey guys trying to post some pick of my 66 170 2dsd but I can't get them to come up on the forum. I can get them on the photo gallery and the avitar.pettybludart it looks like we have the same car check out mine in the photo gallery under ( 1966 dodge dart 170 2dsd ). I also run a 255-60-15 on weld rodlites 7 inches wide with 4.5 inch of back spaceing with caltrac 1 inch lower than stock monoleaf springs with lots of room, 275-60 will fit just a little less room.

19Dart66,I tried lastnite to see your pics. and only 1/4 of pic shows???(Posting pics)after you write your post scroll down to manage attachments,press that and that will get to photo albums,pick a pic. then press upload,close and vwalaa!pics. posted.Hope it works for ya!BTW nice car!!

trim 061.jpg

Thanks pettybludart I'll try that and see what happens.
19Dart66, You really have a fine car. I like the hood scoop. What type is it? I like the color too. Seems to me, that there are a lot more 66 Dart Lovers out there then I thought. (and I thought it was just me). What time did you run?
Thanks,
Benny

Great lookin' 66 there Dart66. Glad to see photos. Once you get on to posting photos it's a snap. I'm fired up about the response to this post so far. There's lots more 66's here. I have been saving photos and have a quite a file full.
toolman

19Dart66, You really have a fine car. I like the hood scoop. What type is it? I like the color too. Seems to me, that there are a lot more 66 Dart Lovers out there then I thought. (and I thought it was just me). What time did you run?
Thanks,
Benny
Thanks Raptor, The scoop is the 66 O23 hemi scoop for the hemi coronets and satilites, I got it from AAR fiberglass ( I looked at a lot of them but theres I thought was the best by far ) 66 are the only darts for me. My best time so far is a 11.14 at 120 most times its in the mid 11.5 because of no roll bar.

Well I guess you figured out how to post pics. 19Dart66!It,s easy once you know how,and yes our cars look alike!Yours by far is nicer see,in the 416 in there,I,m jealous!I,ve only owned mine for 2 months,but give me time and I,ll be posting vids. of at the track!Dangle them tires!!:clock:

After a conversation like that you guys deserve these:

Pettybludart I bought my dart in 1999 so I have 10 years into it. Looks like your coming a long alot faster then that! Keep up the good work.

Thanks,I had a plan with being laid-off 2 on 2 off (auto industry,Ford Oakville,Canada)With so much time off,I needed a project and found the 66.I also had bought a 73 Swinger,318 auto donar car with disc. brakes ($500)I stripped that for parts so I had everything waiting for the 66 to arrive.So I,ve been busy trying to keep it low budget.The car goes Tuesday for safety and front end alighnment,then a new windshield that,s waiting at the glass shop.Then by spring I,m gonna use as my D/D.Work is only 5 miles away and I,m gonna sell my 06 Ford Fusion so I don,t have any vehicle payments.Not quite ready to do the V8 conv. cause of all the new stuff on motor and new exhaust.Thanks for compliments,I just love working on my cars.

Here is another one for you guys. Original 273 HiPo, 8 3/4 with 3:55 grip, 4-speed, disc brakes, swaybar, console, vinyl top. Long time drag car from the mid sixties. currently being restored with all the vintage speed goodies.

DART.jpg

Welcome Outsider,looks like a great project!Post an ad in the wanted parts Forum.Somebody will have what you need,Good Luck!!

Outsider, If it's a GT You've got 1 of 1237 made with the HP273/4speed.
That includes hardtops and convertibles. Looks like a great car and welcome to the website. I'm sure you'll like it here. toolmanmike

Thanks for the welcome guys. Intersting you mention the production numbers. From the reference material I have here, it says there were 1237 273 4-barrel cars made. I have never seen a breakdown of the 4-speed vs automatic cars. I know there is no distinction between hardtops and converts, but are you sure about the 1237 figure being 4-speed cars? My figures say..."production by engine". Any information you guys can share would be extremely interesting to me.
I decided to join because there seems to be alot of active and enthusiastic '66 Dart owners here. Looks like a great place.

Looks great on all 4's petty blue. I've got some 14" and a pair of 15" for the rear of mine. The 14's have been blasted and primed but I haven't got the 15's done yet. I like the look. toolmanmike

Got some numbers for you Outsider. I was lucky that the previous owner of my 66 had allready regestered it through Galen Govier and his production numbers are as follows: Total production of 1966 273-4bbl Dart GT's built for sale in the USA is 2,856. 1,237 of those were 4-speeds and 1,619 were automatics. Dodge combined GT hardtops and convertibles so no further breakdown is available. toolmanmike

Got some numbers for you Outsider. I was lucky that the previous owner of my 66 had allready regestered it through Galen Govier and his production numbers are as follows: Total production of 1966 273-4bbl Dart GT's built for sale in the USA is 2,856. 1,237 of those were 4-speeds and 1,619 were automatics. Dodge combined GT hardtops and convertibles so no further breakdown is available. toolmanmike

toolmanmike..THANKS! I appreciate the effort. I am glad to finally get a reliable answer regarding those numbers. The survival rate for the 4-speed cars must be very small. You never see them, nor do they come up for sale very frequently.

-
Back