66 Dart Owners thread

-
My Winter project a 1966 Dodge Dart GT Convertible. Having a difficult time finding the trim that I need and when I do it is very expensive. Down to just a couple pieces needed. The hood lip trim and rear quarter trim.

DSCN0498.JPG

DSCN0506.JPG

DSCN0508.JPG

Fairly sure the quarter trim is the same as 65 would need to check parts book. Hood trim is one year only.

IMG_6935.jpeg

IMG_6934.jpeg

Thank you
I typed out that info on your other thread but figured I better not comment on exactly what interchanges. I haven't messed with the trim on mine much except for the wheel opening moldings. I know for sure the fronts are 66 only.

My front hood trim is not perfect but fine for a driver. I had always hoped to find another piece just in case of a deer hit or fender bender. The darned headlight doors are tough ones to find as well. 66 only of course. I think I had 4 sets here at one time just to get 2 that weren't too bad. They are anodized aluminum and tricky to straighten which I am not good at.

017 (4).JPG

There are two 66s on my yard. This one is a slant/6, 904, Super 6 setup, bored 30, cam, HEI ignition, Dutra duals, P/S, disc brakes, Classic Auto A/C & heat, front and rear sway bars, upgraded torsion bars. Just an absolutely great driver car.
016.jpg

The other is a 273 car. It is a driver but needs some work to be a nice driver.

Our family also has four 64 Darts. 273 pushbutton GT, convertible GT slant 6, slant 6 4 spd car(probably a parts car, but maybe not?) and a 270 slant 6, 3 on the tree.

Love the 63-66 Darts around here.

Do you guys know if there was a standard non-remote controlled side mirror used on '66 Dart hardtops, or if the location was even standard? I've been looking through this thread and there seems to be no less than 4-5 driver's side mirrors used and the front-to-back location seems to be all over the place. Was the factory that variable?

For instance, here are just the two on this last page:

1710213613595.png

1710213641696.png

Do you guys know if there was a standard non-remote controlled side mirror used on '66 Dart hardtops, or if the location was even standard? I've been looking through this thread and there seems to be no less than 4-5 driver's side mirrors used and the front-to-back location seems to be all over the place. Was the factory that variable?

For instance, here are just the two on this last page:

View attachment 1716220379

View attachment 1716220381
I bet they had a general area to mount them. May ba a template where to drill the holes. Those were all ordered and some we see may have been dealer installed.

Those were all ordered and some we see may have been dealer installed.
You mean all side mirrors were special ordered and none were necessarily "standard?" Only reason I ask is I just dug out the mirrors for my '66 to reinstall that I had taken off and stashed many years ago. Turns out, they're cheapass Taiwan aftermarket pieces and aren't worth putting back on. Now I'm trying to decide which one(s) to go with and whether to install one on the passenger's side as well.

It's interesting to me how variable the placement location seems to be.

You mean all side mirrors were special ordered and none were necessarily "standard?" Only reason I ask is I just dug out the mirrors for my '66 to reinstall that I had taken off and stashed many years ago. Turns out, they're cheapass Taiwan aftermarket pieces and aren't worth putting back on. Now I'm trying to decide which one(s) to go with and whether to install one on the passenger's side as well.

It's interesting to me how variable the placement location seems to be.
Mirror locations are real picky on the right side. Not bad on the left but too far forward and you run into the vent window. Too far back and you may run out of adjustment if yours is a remote. I would have to get on the Hamtramck site and look at ordering info. I think they had to be specifically ordered. I sure could be wrong though. Possibly part of the GT package?

Mirror locations are real picky on the right side. Not bad on the left but too far forward and you run into the vent window. Too far back and you may run out of adjustment if yours is a remote. I would have to get on the Hamtramck site and look at ordering info. I think they had to be specifically ordered. I sure could be wrong though. Possibly part of the GT package?
I found this: The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1966 Accessories Catalog Slideshow (Page 1)

and: The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1966 Accessories Catalog Slideshow (Page 1)

I'm thinking I'll just pick up one of the two post versions and tape it to the passenger side and see how I like it. If it helps at least back into the garage, it'll be worth it. If I can't even use it for that, I'll weld the current holes up and only mount on one the driver's side.

What style do you have on your '66? Is it remote, or manual?

A driver's side mirror was the only one available from the factory in 1966.A RH mirror was dealer installed.

I found this: The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1966 Accessories Catalog Slideshow (Page 1)

and: The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1966 Accessories Catalog Slideshow (Page 1)

I'm thinking I'll just pick up one of the two post versions and tape it to the passenger side and see how I like it. If it helps at least back into the garage, it'll be worth it. If I can't even use it for that, I'll weld the current holes up and only mount on one the driver's side.

What style do you have on your '66? Is it remote, or manual?
I have a remote on the Drivers and I added a manual companion mirror on the passenger side. It does help but not much. I wouldn't mind trying a parabolic add on for a wider angle.

001a.JPG

012.JPG

100_6001.JPG

-
Back