66 Dart Owners thread

-
Wow just spent more then a hour looking at all the 66's got some great ideas for mine. Just got it before xmas it's a 270 slant 6 plan on driving it this summer. Next winter a 340's goin in and a 8 3/4 suregrip.
Great site awesome 66's heres a pic of when i got it'
Here's a updated pic of how it looks now.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 663
recent winter project, moved the battery to the trunk, made a master disconnect switch bracket from a carter rotary electric fuel pump bracket, built my own rod and arm, and re-used the switch arm. ran 1/0 stinger stereo cable, tinned copper core, to the front. turned out awesome!! also, my brand-x knee knocker tach went kaput, so i fabbed up a bracket that i figured was the least invasive to the dashboard, even though mines not perfect by any means, i really didnt want to drill holes through it. figured maybe it would be good for a few of you fellas for an idea or 2. cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_20140224_210103_250.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 644
  • IMG_20140224_205437_222.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 577
  • IMG_20140206_232722_492.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 599
  • IMG_20140224_205414_549.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 595
  • IMG_20140206_232648_273.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 583
  • IMG_20140206_232708_657.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 591
  • IMG_20140205_214030_695.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 656
recent winter project, moved the battery to the trunk, made a master disconnect switch bracket from a carter rotary electric fuel pump bracket, built my own rod and arm, and re-used the switch arm. ran 1/0 stinger stereo cable, tinned copper core, to the front. turned out awesome!! also, my brand-x knee knocker tach went kaput, so i fabbed up a bracket that i figured was the least invasive to the dashboard, even though mines not perfect by any means, i really didnt want to drill holes through it. figured maybe it would be good for a few of you fellas for an idea or 2. cheers!

Nice work Durge!

Did you just do a spring relocation? Biggest I got on mine was a 245 stock spring location.

I picked this up off craigslist a couple of years ago. The guy was getting ready to part it because he didn't get any offers. This is a rust free car, it had some minor body damage and mostly original paint. The interior upholstery is trashed. It's almost ready for paint.

The last picture is the condition when I got it. The body looks nicer than it was.

Attachments

• Side Shot.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 613
  • Stripped for paint.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 576
  • Dart Garage.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 573
I picked this up off craigslist a couple of years ago. The guy was getting ready to part it because he didn't get any offers. This is a rust free car, it had some minor body damage and mostly original paint. The interior upholstery is trashed. It's almost ready for paint.

The last picture is the condition when I got it. The body looks nicer than it was.

Make a good race car! Looks like its already got BBP all around. What's your plans? Got a long road ahead of you.

Nice clean post car. It just screams hot rod. Can you say Stroker? lol

I did put disk brakes and 8 3/4 under it already, we have tied the subframes, relocated the leaf springs, and hung the a/c unit. Not a race car by any means, I already have a hot rod, my coupe will go high tens.

I have decided to leave the bench seats and all the trim to keep it looking like a sleeper. We are going with a not traditional mopar motor, hopefully 300 to 350 hp at the wheels. I want to make sure I can get the motor in and working before I open my mouth :violent1: and run into some unexpected issue. It will be a mopar motor and a 727. Either people will love it or hate it.

We wanted to have it ready for MATS, thats not happening. May be ready for paint in the next month or so. All the body work is done, we are now blocking and cleaning up the trim. Going to stick with the stock white paint and red interior. Cop car wheels/hubcaps.

YES, it would make a great race car :burnout:. but I wanted something to drive distance in, my coupe is not that car.

Can't wait. Early Hemi or late hemi? Late model turbo motor? This is gonna be good! lol

I have no business buying another car but if a I stumbled across a early post Dart I'd have a hard time not bringing it home. lol

I got My ol dart gt in san diego from original owner in 1993...it was bought new at el cajon dodge...was 273 4bbl auto..now has a 1973 360 out of a truck bored .060 over and edelbrock performer rpm cam,intake,n carb with od 4 speed n 3.91 posi....next on the list is disc brakes,big bolt rear axles,n sway bars...when done wanna be able to drag race,road race,cruise,road trip,daily duty n be reliable with good mpg,drivability,n plenty of fun afordably..

Here's a photo from the Mopar Max show at our local drag strip. I didn't know I had this one. tmm

Attachments

• 019 (3).jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 495
Does anyone know which wire is positive on the radio for the 66 dart. There is a green one and a black one with a green stripe.

Does anyone know which wire is positive on the radio for the 66 dart. There is a green one and a black one with a green stripe.
The power wire is a red one. It's ganged with an orange wire for the light. The green, green/black wires are for the speaker.

Thanks but I need to know which wire to the speaker is positive, the solid green one or the black one with the green stripe.

Ready to hit the track with new bullet, I am sure we will have issues but hopefully nothing we can't work out. Hoping by the end of summer paint and body will be done.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 368
Ready to hit the track with new bullet, I am sure we will have issues but hopefully nothing we can't work out. Hoping by the end of summer paint and body will be done.

Go fast Joe. Keep us posted with your progress. Good lookin' 66 you have there............. tmm

This should be a no brainer but I recently purchased my mid life crisis car. a 1966 Dart 270 with a 273 engine. My first car was a 1966 with a slant 6. Its in great shape but the dash pad is in bad shape. How do I remove the &%#@ thing. I'm very handy so don't hesitate.

Welcome! Dang, never had to take mine off. Someone will chime in I'm sure. tmm

-
Back