66 dart with 76 slant

-

9moe

Reaction score
What i have is a 66 dart that had a slant six with a automatic in it from the factory {long gone}Car now has a slant six with i think a 76year model slant with automatic. Car came with points wiring now its has a motor with electronic wiring how do i wire .wiring in car looks good and motor has all the wiring unpluged from its donor car buckhead.MY question is whats the best way to hook up? Should i use part of the motor wiring{ with the car wiring}questions on dist. and volt reg hookup ,trying to upload pictures from my andriod phone but cant figure that either

Last edited:
I recommend you get a wiring diagram for '73-up model that shows you how the electronic ignition is wired. You'll need an electronic voltage regulator, dual ballast resistor, control module, and the plug and wiring to splice in. This is assuming you're using a stock Mopar single pickup electronic distributor with a vacuum and mechanical advance.

cudamark, can i just unplug the engine wiring harness at the bulkhead on the points car and plug the wiring harness that came with the motor{which is electronic}in that same bulkhead .All the stuff you mentioned is still wired to the motor, it was unplugged from its bulkhead of the car it come out off.i will look at the wiring dirham to see if i can figure it out

cudamark, can i just unplug the engine wiring harness at the bulkhead on the points car and plug the wiring harness that came with the motor{which is electronic}in that same bulkhead .All the stuff you mentioned is still wired to the motor, it was unplugged from its bulkhead of the car it come out off.i will look at the wiring dirham to see if i can figure it out
Not the same connector or wiring schematic. You should be able to splice them together though, or get a harness that is made for electronic ignition that year. M&H makes them I know, because I have one.

-
Back