67-69 dart door Glass channel seals

-

Matts440

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has done these? My first try wasn't good, tore the new seals which aren't cheap. Wish someone would come up with a rubber seal that slides in and get rid of the plastic with felt and clip crap. Any help???

I replaced all the seals in my 69 Barracuda, which may be the same as a 69 Dart. Could you take a picture of the seal you are talking about? I am sure I can help if I know exactly what you are talking about.

This is it, thanks 67 gt. Is there a trick to these?

Attachments

• $_1.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 246
I did mine. It's been several years. I don't recall any issues. What specifically happened on your install? Any pics of whats going on?

I think the 67 has different door glass than the 68-69. Like the 67 is flat and the 68-69 is curved, that could made a difference. Are your doors off another car or the glass?

Stock doors and the glass does have a curve to it. What happened was i installed the seal on the glass then put it into the frame but then it bound up and wouldn't slide up and down smoothly. Ended up tearing one of them due to the seal maybe being not lined up properly. When you installed your was the frame in the car and yoy slide the glass and felt in?

clean out the frame any dirt/debris will cause a binding or in your case tear the felt. mine had some very slight bumps of debris, a few swipes with an sos pad & all was good , glass glides up/down smoothly. Lawrence

Well sanded the channel a bit and it went in smoother, thanks VDART, have to wait to do the other side, ran out of the seal tape for the stainless part of the window

Im doing this on my car now, do you put any kind of grease or spray in the channel to help it slide easier? Also what do you use to attach the chrome strip to the back of the window where it meets the quarter panel side window?

Had mine done last spring, was originally planning to do it myself, but the description on how to remove/replace the door glass in the manual was less than helpful. Ended up having a body shop do it. Price was reasonable and from what the owner told me was probably a good idea...even he had to struggle with it a bit.

Rear channels on mine were OK, did the catwhiskers myself and was pretty straightforward.

Mine's a 2 door post (also '67), hardtop looks like it might be easier.

Im doing this on my car now, do you put any kind of grease or spray in the channel to help it slide easier? Also what do you use to attach the chrome strip to the back of the window where it meets the quarter panel side window?

I didn't use any thing, just sanded the channel and slowly and gently worked the seal in without tearing it. The chrome piece is held on my seal tape, bought some from laysons, removed mine, cleaned it all up then put on with new tape and a little bit of black silicone at the top cover to hold to the glass and the seal tape

-
Back