67-73 tailpipe on early a-body?

-

63dartman

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 67-73 dual exhaust tailpipe will fit a 63 dart with dual exhaust? I'm mostly concerned if the over axle portion is correct since the for and aft can be extended or shortend as needed. thanks

The gas tank and its single left to right strap will make 67 and earlier a little different from 68 up. Doesn't fully answer your question but may help.

Years ago - 86 or so - I was at Midas having some exhaust work done on my 65 'vert. The tech told me the driver's side tailpipe was all the same (except for the diameter of the 340 tailpipe). He seemed to know what he was talking about but can't vouch for the accuracy of the statement as far as being the same. Never-the-less, I went to my local NAPA and bought a set of 69 L & R 340 tailpipes for future use. Still have them stored away.

I used a JEGS "kit" for a 67-up car on my '65. The over the axle pipes were OK-ish but everything was cut and paste. Remember, early A cars never came from the factory with true dual exhaust to the bumpers.
Bob

i used the over the axle portion from muffler to tailpipe from a '71 Swinger i found at pick your part to make the exhaust for my '65 Valiant. it fit really well actually.

Drivers side will work with no problems. I took one from a 68 Dart and put it in a 66 Barracuda and it worked fine.

-
Back