67-9 Dart/Barracuda Vert Trim Clips

-

2fine69s

69 340-6pak Rag Top
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Thanks to good ole USPS, the clips that I purchased from Redfish, have been lost forever. They made it to within 100 miles of me and vanished, so Im again in need of 6 or more trim clips that hold the rear top trim at the top of the quarters and goes around in front of the deck lid. I have posted this same ad in the Wanted section, just trying to get more coverage. Here are some pics and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Martin

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1420.jpg

So sorry those clips never arrived and also sorry I don't have more available. For what its worth, Wife ordered 3 items from dresslily.com about 7 weeks ago. Offshore seller split the shipment for some reason. "Shipped" notifications dated 2 days apart. 2 of the 3 items did arrive about 2 weeks ago. That 3rd is still lost in transit.
Several years ago I ordered a game disc from Amazon early Dec' to be a Christmas gift. It did arrive here... mid Feb'. Who doesn't have a similar story of one shipper or another? Best of luck to you.

So sorry those clips never arrived and also sorry I don't have more available. For what its worth, Wife ordered 3 items from dresslily.com about 7 weeks ago. Offshore seller split the shipment for some reason. "Shipped" notifications dated 2 days apart. 2 of the 3 items did arrive about 2 weeks ago. That 3rd is still lost in transit.
Several years ago I ordered a game disc from Amazon early Dec' to be a Christmas gift. It did arrive here... mid Feb'. Who doesn't have a similar story of one shipper or another? Best of luck to you.
Thanks Ben, keep your good eye out for me...

Thanks Gig!!! This has been a major hold up of mine and I'm in a real need. Please let me know asap.
Thanks again,
Martin

How many did you say you needed?? Send along an address and I'll send out the requested amount! I'm mailing another member his clips tomorrow as well!!

Looking for these same clips as I finish up my project, if anyone is willing to sell some (or knows where I can get), please let me know. If there are suggestions for reasonable substitutes, I'm open to ideas too. When I took mine apart, there were only unprotected/incorrect J-bolts holding the trim on, so I can't reuse them. Thanks!

Looking for these same clips as I finish up my project, if anyone is willing to sell some (or knows where I can get), please let me know. If there are suggestions for reasonable substitutes, I'm open to ideas too. When I took mine apart, there were only unprotected/incorrect J-bolts holding the trim on, so I can't reuse them. Thanks!

How many do you need , Chris, I think I have a few left!

I need the whole set, since none of what was on there is reusable. I'll take whatever you can spare and go from there! Let me know if I should PM you or feel free to PM me. Thank you!

I need the whole set, since none of what was on there is reusable. I'll take whatever you can spare and go from there! Let me know if I should PM you or feel free to PM me. Thank you!

I'll send you all I have left, these guys pretty well cleaned me out! Better pm me your address tho, just for security reasons!

When I built my car someone was selling them, reproduction. I replaced all mine. Have anyone looked to see if available lately?

I looked everywhere that I could find. R/T Specialties still says they are on back order, but I've been hearing that for the past two years of visiting his booth at Carlisle. Restoration Specialties used to have a stock of them, but they no longer do. I found leads in Hemmings, but no luck there either. Even Cosgig on this thread offered to send a few, but he must have been cleaned out by others who requested. I finally gave up searching and made some out of galvanized steel, it wasn't hard to do. Time to get this thing back on the road for Spring!

Does anyone have pictures on how these clips fit on car to hold trim and a good closeup picture of clip. I didn’t tear this apart and not sure how clip is to hold trim. Also is there a cushion strip under stainless

Does anyone have pictures on how these clips fit on car to hold trim and a good closeup picture of clip. I didn’t tear this apart and not sure how clip is to hold trim. Also is there a cushion strip under stainless

take a look at the pictured clip in the first post. Remember first that the slotted hole is for the screw that holds down the trim piece, so that faces up. Then you will realize that it only clips on one way. Most every time you should start from the center and work your way out, put the trim on the edge of the lip, find the center and put that clip on, and work your way around, using the trim as a road map as to where they go. The slotted hole will help if you get them a little off. When you screw the trim on with the snap caps, the screw will catch the hole, and as you tighten it, it will raise the clip up as it follows the threads, and sort of bind the bottom teeth of the clip to hold it in place.

There’s no strip that I know of under the stainless, and the trim is deep enough to not allow the tip of the screw touch the body, and pulling up the clip with the screw also pulls the trim sown to the body.

Post some photos of the lip on the body and the clip on the lip. There are only 2 ways it can go on.

Post some photos of the lip on the body and the clip on the lip. There are only 2 ways it can go on.
I was told by Layson’s parts they go completely underneath the pinch weld if I heard correctly. My trim has rust marks showing they were next to chrome. The holes in pinch weld are located toward body to far for a screw to go through if I spread the clip large enough to go over pinch weld. Some old clips still have screws in them with head drilled off making me wonder how they came off body since the screw is completely through clip and pushed against the solid part of clip. That makes me wonder we’re the clips above the pinch weld with only the solid part below. Yes f so how would chrome stay on and not move around

image.jpg

image.jpg

I was told by Layson’s parts they go completely underneath the pinch weld if I heard correctly. My trim has rust marks showing they were next to chrome. The holes in pinch weld are located toward body to far for a screw to go through if I spread the clip large enough to go over pinch weld. Some old clips still have screws in them with head drilled off making me wonder how they came off body since the screw is completely through clip and pushed against the solid part of clip. That makes me wonder we’re the clips above the pinch weld with only the solid part below. Yes f so how would chrome stay on and not move around

View attachment 1715701575

View attachment 1715701576

image.jpg

image.jpg

Is it just me or are you missing a bunch of holes in the lip.
There should be a hole under the location of each clip.

The lengths I will go to to help out a fellow 67 to 69 convertible owner.
1614913443987805784230556851278.jpg
16149135327174500744358954593944.jpg

Last edited:
Is it just me or are you missing a bunch of holes in the lip.
There should be a hole under the location of each clip.

The lengths I will go to to help out a fellow 67 to 69 convertible owner.View attachment 1715701847View attachment 1715701850
Thanks for pictures. Don’t care for fit but if it lasted 50 years like this who am I to question. Always worked on b body convertibles not a body. Now to find trim clips for these pieces. Any ideas?

image.jpg

image.jpg

So, the car you’re working on is not a 67-69 Cuda by the looks of it. What exactly is it?

-
Back