67 Barracuda Convertible (Possible scammer?)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

69CudaFan

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Just wanted to see if anyone else out there has seen a similar ad in your neck of the woods. I have seen too many of these types of deals that are "just under 5k". It seems fishy to me, and I know if it seems too good to be true it probably is. Hell, I was convinced that this car belonged to someone on this site...I have a feeler e-mail out there, but a dealer posted ad with no phone number and not a lot of info....hmmm....

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ctd/1437859464.html

3k83me3p45O25Q65R99aqde0e01c81123153f.jpg
3kc3o53ld5Q65T65Rd9aqa2025cbbe82c15d8.jpg
3n23p53l55O15Td5Pd9aq97d758de81a0185c.jpg
3n83od3l55Qd5T45R89aq62ffb90b26fd1ae3.jpg

It is possible that the owner has no idea of it's true worth. I have seen this first hand over and over

I sold a 67 Barracuda convertible about 6 years ago that looked great in the pictures and not a bad 25' car, interior all restored, ralley wheels good tire and run good.

went down the road sideways, had 1/4s put on ontop of the originals, angle iron welded on the trans crossmember and repaired front frame rail. I knew the repairs when I bought it for $2,000.00, didn't know it went down the road sideways. It wasn't bad enough to notice driving, but I followed dad and seen it, decided right then to sell it. I had bouhgt it for dad to drive and after seeing how it tracked thought might not be a good car for him to be driving around in.

I fixed the brakes and put a new battery in it and sold it for $3,200. The guy never looked under it. So what you see might not be what you get.

Yeah, that is what I thought....no worries. There are plenty of fish in the sea. I guess I have a finely tuned BS meter. I will wait and see what kind of response I get from Nigeria....

same one in NH but the listing was pulled

Scammmmmmeeerr

I emailed craigslist and this is the response from the seller:

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hi,
I am selling this car because my platoon has been sent back to Afghanistan and don't want it get old in my backyard. The price is low because I need to sell it before October 31. It has no damage, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained and hasn't been involved in any accident..I do have the title , clear, under my name.The car have 49,151 miles, year 1967 and VIN BH27D72306003.
It is still available for sale if interested, price as stated in the ad $4500. The car is in Great Falls, MT, in case it gets sold I will take care of shipping. Let me know if you are interested, email back.
Regards!!!
[/FONT]

i would go and look at it just for the hell of it

tell him your on your way to look at it with cash in hand. That you have a trailer & it can be gone today-- see if his platoon-- is still available. Lawrence

Had same thing over here in Ontario. The boy had a cuda 67 or 68 blue had a plate on it with "FISH' or something. got a hold of him ( hotmail ).Sounded real good till the B.S. came out .We said lets look at it and we got an enclosed trailer so no problem.Next thing he has the only key to open the garage and he couldn't make it . I told him to send someone else and I will cut the lock off and buy the car or give the person a new lock if I don't buy it !!! next thing he is in England and if I could get him 1500 bucks to send him home and he would take it off the price. I told him no problem !! where are you in England and I will send a relative over to talk to you personally or get a copy of the key ....well you know the rest it was a scam he was full of **** !! So there is alot of scammers out there be careful.If it sounds to good to be true... it is!!

Yeah, that is what I thought....no worries. There are plenty of fish in the sea. I guess I have a finely tuned BS meter. I will wait and see what kind of response I get from Nigeria....

Too late the Nigerian money is coming my way.We've been talking for quite some time and I';m in tight with these guys,lol.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back