67 barracuda deck lid trim

-

SWETPT

Reaction score
what was the original color of the center trim on the 67. as you can see in the picture the color on the tail light is a gray and the trim is a hammer brushed aluminum. Was the tail light painted this color or was the trim piece painted gray? What is the correct scheme.

Attachments

• DSCF1371.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 222
My 67 is very much the same as yours. I guess I would attribute it to the taillight piece being cast and the trim panel being stamped aluminum. Maybe they finish a little different and the piant will hold on the rough cast, but not so well on stamped aluminum, or maybe they just didn't paint the trunk trim at all. I have seen them black and called Formula S trim, but I don't know if that was even accurate. Thats all I can add!!! Geof

Well mine got the matte black treatment. It goes with the AAR Cuda stripes down the side.

Attachments

• Rear panel pic .jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 181
I usually pic up a can of the Argent wheel paint at the local swapmeets(Ancaster or Waterdown)They usually carry all colours of engine paint also.Good luck.

I used a hammer texture by Rustoleum which matches the dark argent on some rallye wheel centers. I know it's the wrong color but I like it.

Well mine got the matte black treatment. It goes with the AAR Cuda stripes down the side.

Let's see that AAR stripe!!

I have decided to (if they are any good) put the 67 rear lights and trunk lid treatment on the 68 as the 68 rear lights look like junk and replacements are near impossible to find. besides I want a nice candy dark red stripe which I think the 67 lights will really add to.

Let's see that AAR stripe!!

I have decided to (if they are any good) put the 67 rear lights and trunk lid treatment on the 68 as the 68 rear lights look like junk and replacements are near impossible to find. besides I want a nice candy dark red stripe which I think the 67 lights will really add to.

Ok....

Attachments

• ARR stripe.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 194
  • Number 1 pic of cuda.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 212
I likey the AAR stripe on that fish! I have decided I will do a stripe on mine and am just figuring out the shape. Between you and Tony you guys have really set the bar pretty high, maybe way more than I am willing to do with my rod.

what was the original color of the center trim on the 67. as you can see in the picture the color on the tail light is a gray and the trim is a hammer brushed aluminum. Was the tail light painted this color or was the trim piece painted gray? What is the correct scheme.

My 67 looks exactly the same as yours, must be how they made them i guess. I like the Argent wheel paint, looks good.

I likey the AAR stripe on that fish! I have decided I will do a stripe on mine and am just figuring out the shape. Between you and Tony you guys have really set the bar pretty high, maybe way more than I am willing to do with my rod.

Thanks for the compliment! I still have things to do to make it "right". New tail light lens, tail light buckets, new carpet, and Legendary interior is on the books. $$$$$$$$ :angry7:

-
Back