67 Barracuda FB basket case-do or don't

-
buy it, appraise what ya have there, like they ALL said, keep I and love it, oR sell it to someone who will! just me...
tastes????? simple, that's why there are different car makes with many different models! LOL
in the last 30 years of these old mopars, may tastes have changed over the years. funny thing is a car I loved in ' 85 I wouldn't give squat for now, and vice versa! LOL

I will not part the car.I don't believe in doing so.The car will not be going anywhere or sold to anyone else.I was offered this car by a buddy of mine that is a GM guy.He wanted to try out a Mopar and it was too expensive for him.It's strictly a buddy to buddy sale.If I don't want it then he would advertise it.I really don't care much for making a profit on the car either.I will either buy it to build for my wife or buy it to put back together either rolling or turn key and then sell it.I just don't know enough about the 67 Barracuda to know which hard to find expensive pieces need to be there to make the purchase worth while.He assures me the car is 100% complete but in pieces as the pictures show.Once again,I will not part it out.The way I see it Chrysler will never make a new 67 Barracuda again and for me to create 1 less in the world just doesn't make sense.Even though the body style doesn't do it for me,my wife likes the way they look so I can learn to love it.If she ends up not wanting it I have a stock 360 in a Scamp that I can put in the car to get it running.Someone else can love it.Trust me that if we do decide to buy it and then sell it,the price will be fair and the car will stay intact.

And I just finished talking to him.I'm sending him a deposit to hold it until I can leave the rig and pick it up.The rig is 7 hours away from my house and from there it is another 6 hour drive to pick up the car.When I pick it up I'll get plenty of pics to post here.He told me to pick it up by the end of the month so we'll see what happens.

And I just finished talking to him.I'm sending him a deposit to hold it until I can leave the rig and pick it up.The rig is 7 hours away from my house and from there it is another 6 hour drive to pick up the car.When I pick it up I'll get plenty of pics to post here.He told me to pick it up by the end of the month so we'll see what happens.

Little over half a day!!! Drive and get it!

I say if ya have a wife with ANY interest in an old car, ya better get her what old mopar ( no brand X or Y) she likes!!!!!!! sounds like the car will be in good hands, good luck. and ya ain't in rhode island, ya could travel across that state 10 times in that time! LOL

I say if ya have a wife with ANY interest in an old car, ya better get her what old mopar ( no brand X or Y) she likes!!!!!!! sounds like the car will be in good hands, good luck. and ya ain't in rhode island, ya could travel across that state 10 times in that time! LOL

That's exactly what I am thinking.I will get whatever she wants to keep her as happy as possible.Of course I have to make it ride and handle like a brand new car and be reliable like a brand new car.And then put a satellite radio,AC,cruise,and so on like a brand new car.Of course if for some reason the car doesn't work out then you guys will see an ad posted here first.

Glad to see your plan to keep it together rather than parting it out.
A barracuda has to be very bad for me to cut up and part out.
I have a 67 that needed all new front structural sheet metal from the
torsion bar crossmember forward.
Get yourself prepared to fall in luv with this car. I do hope it grows on you.

maybe like MY wife #2, " if she's happy we are ALL happy!????"
tell her ALL those high tech creature features take all the fun out of goin!!????? LOL

Ok,let me start off by saying (and taking a few unkind words from other members) that I do not care for the A body Barracuda at all,no way,no how.I've never wanted one.They just don't do it for me like the Dart and Duster.BUT....a guy that I know,he's a Chevy guy and decided to buy and build a Mopar until he found out it would cost more than a typical Nova.Now the car is scattered in pieces but complete.It is a slant 6 console auto Texas car.I haven't seen it yet but was assured it has a clear title and every nut and bolt is there...somewhere.He said he'd sell it to me for $1000 just to get it out of his shop.So my question to you guys is no matter if I like them or not should I pass on this deal or buy it.What would you do and why?

Buy it for $1000 and sell it to a member here for $1500 that does care about A body barracudas. Make $500 and get the car into the hands of someone who is into it.

Don't over think this. You don't like the car. Buy it, and sell it to someone who would love to have it, making some money for yourself, and save a Mopar in the process.

I would agree with this statement 100%:burnout:

X2 good plan. or maybe a member could trade them something they BOTH would be happy with!?????
a guy traded his million dollar FROG to his buddy for his million dollar TURTLE. they BOTH made a million!!????
U S gov't also thinks that way!??????????
and when your horse trading, only thing that matters is how many $$$ one car is worth more than the other. doesn't matter what cash prices are!!!!

So it turns out that the Barracuda does not actually belong to my buddy but another guy that he knows.The other guy approached my dad about it before my buddy approached me.The guy that actually owns it is asking $200.So that would mean that my buddy is trying to get an $800 finders fee off of me.I asked my buddy if he could type me up a bill of sale for it and send it via email before I could go and pick it up.No response.I'll see if this deal pans out,but right now I want to make sure everything is legit before I move forward.I already thought the black and white pics were suspicious.We'll see how it goes.

So it turns out that the Barracuda does not actually belong to my buddy but another guy that he knows.The other guy approached my dad about it before my buddy approached me.The guy that actually owns it is asking $200.So that would mean that my buddy is trying to get an $800 finders fee off of me.I asked my buddy if he could type me up a bill of sale for it and send it via email before I could go and pick it up.No response.I'll see if this deal pans out,but right now I want to make sure everything is legit before I move forward.I already thought the black and white pics were suspicious.We'll see how it goes.

buddy or not, I would not give up one red cent until I saw legitimate , enforceable paperwork, regardless.

it still worth every penny of 1,000 bucks, even if he needed 800 to pass the info to you

Darts and Barracudas tend to appeal to a different crowd, but I like both. That's probably why we have both. I am more of a Dart guy, but only a little. As long as the Barracuda specific parts are there, the rest is easy. Like others have said, if that were offered to me it would already be at my house and probably already for sale as I have enough projects...

I fully agree that the car is well worth a grand.Just real suspicious as to what else is being hidden.If I can get away from work long enough I will make a trip to personally look it over and check the numbers and find out the real story.I was going to do this deal sight unseen at first but now I feel like it has to be looked over real good before I end up with a stolen car or something similar.I wouldn't want to put anyone else in the position to look it over for me because if they made a mistake it could haunt both of us.If I make a mistake it would be easier to swallow.I'll update you guys next time I get some news.

dash pad is 1 year only and 795 last I looked new, they only make 68-69 window gaskets that work fine on the 67, but you have to find the window trim because the gaskets leave gaps, 67 year only idler arm but swap for later model k member or custom build a bracket on k member, lots of 1 year only trim pieces. . . . . but over all not bad, I have a 67 notch myself. . . . . rear window trim was hardest to locate at a good price after 2 years of looking. . . . and the fact that everyone jumps on it like a bum on a biscuit. . . . .lol

If it were a tore apart /6 Duster it wouldn't be worth $500, but a 67-69 fastback is worth more then $1000. Duster parts are hard to give away, some have said the fenders on that Barracuda are worth $300, but in my searches more like $500-600 if not rusty. The assembly of the header panel and all the grills, headlight trim, blinkers, etc is worth $1000 all by itself. It goes on and on. Sometimes I wish I had just built the 73 Duster I used for brake parts on my 68 fastback but I personally love the 67-69 fastbacks. So light and agile looking compared to a B or E body but uniquely styled and well proportioned as an A body. I think they are THE a body to have.

I actually do think they could have made the front end look better, just remove the middle nose part and make the grill go headlight to headlight like the Savage cars did. I also think the turn signals should have been round not rectangular. Also the 68 taillights and trim look better then 67 or 69, just saying'.

-
Back