67 Barracuda grill

-

roadripper

Reaction score
Was tryin to remove the grill on my barracuda and the bolts that hold them into place are striped won't loosen off:wack:!!! Nuts are frozen to the stud and spin in the housing , so if I cut the studs off to remove the grill ,does that make the grill surround non useable ? never had one of these apart so don't know if the stud is replaceable ? So any ideas how I can fix this or do I have to buy new grill for the car? Thanks in advance !!

Mike. 67 barracuda

Attachments

• image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 234
Not sure on this, i dont have a cuda but any chance you could use the slip on clips that have the threaded housing ,like what you have for a headlamp bezel

Not sure on this, i dont have a cuda but any chance you could use the slip on clips that have the threaded housing ,like what you have for a headlamp bezel

most everybody has this problem. mine was a basket case, already broken and stripped on my 68. you can find the correct size bolts and grind the heads down and make them work if on a budget. I did this until I could get the PARTSMONSTA to redo mine, he has done a very nice job on them !

If I'm not mistaken the studs are available. To remove you can cut a slot in the end of the stud with a dremel to hold it still with a screwdriver. If I find where people are purchasing the studs I'll let you know.

Went through this a year ago,heat them with a torch and they come right off.If you remove the whole nose assembly its a lot easier to get at them.

If you want a great grill resto thread do a search that member mullinax wrote. Those studs are available.

If you haven't found a solution, The same common 'T' bolts that hold the 2 narrow pieces of trim on your trunk lid can replace every stud in the grilles outer perimeters.
Only 1 drawback to consider... IF These plated threads do rust over the coming 10 -> 20 years, the next guy might discover that with enough force the steel 'T' part could cut through the aluminum like a knife. I used them anyway along with stainless nuts. I haven't seen a case where these cut the trunk trim.

We also offer a stud replacement Service for your 67/68 Grilles.
150 + 40 return shipping (pair).
This special is to promote new business. If you decide to get your Grilles, Headlight Bezels, Rear Finish Panels or Hood Moldings redone at a later date...hopefully you'll remember us.

Email me personally, I will tell you how to EASILY remove old Studs.

[email protected]

THANKS for the THUMBS UP, Famous Bob. :angel12:

-
Back