67 Barracuda Headers

-

512Stroker

We are all here because we are not all there.
Reaction score
I am looking to put a set of headers on my 67 Barracuda.
340 engine 450 HP, power steering, A/C, power brakes with 727 trans.
Which header fits the best w/o a lose in performance? I have read that the fit around the starter can be a problem. I would like a set with ball end connectors.
Has anyone have a real world experience with Tri-Y headers?
Thanks

Dougs 453's. they clear everything, but they do not have a ball end at yhe collector

Hedman has the ball connector. But the header is the typical 1 size fits all.

After Doug’s headers, there’s tti headers which I used on the wife’s ‘67 Cuda. Great fit. Almost perfect

Headers on a Mopar is a heated subject sometimes. First, what is your header budget? That will answer a lot right off the bat.

If you can drop close to 1K on headers, then go TTI. Dougs is your next most cost effective, then all the "one size fits all" like rumblefish talked about.

If your car sits at stock ride height in the front and has stock height tires, I like the one size headers, because they are much less costly. You can get them for around 150 from Summit with the ball end collectors. But be prepared for the Mopar snobs to look down their noses at you for running "cheap" headers. I have had great luck with them in the past, myself.

Headers on a Mopar is a heated subject sometimes. First, what is your header budget? That will answer a lot right off the bat.

If you can drop close to 1K on headers, then go TTI. Dougs is your next most cost effective, then all the "one size fits all" like rumblefish talked about.

If your car sits at stock ride height in the front and has stock height tires, I like the one size headers, because they are much less costly. You can get them for around 150 from Summit with the ball end collectors. But be prepared for the Mopar snobs to look down their noses at you for running "cheap" headers. I have had great luck with them in the past, myself.
Hey thanks for the come back, budget is not a problem but I would like to get the most bang for my buck. Do you know anyone with real world experience with Schumacher Tri-Y headers?
Thanks again
PS If any of the parts I have for sale on this forum actually sell I will payback to this site, I think it is great.

There's lots of threads here but RRR sums up the situation for most people.
For all out performance, very very few had tested results, and it will depend on the combination and form of racing. For two to four times the cost of the TTI long tubes, custom is the answer for an all out performance effort. Look up Mark Leshenko (sp?) of Performance Welding, Calvin Elston, and there are others that have done these for A-bodies.
If ground clearence is not an issue, then Headers By Ed has designs that will work and fit nicely - but he is not building them anymore - buy the parts and build yourself.

Off the shelf - the TTI stepped header is probably the best choice due to the stepping.
I've not seen any tests on the Schumacher's small block version of the Tri-y. Its got so many differences from the big block design (which at least one magazine did compare) its hard to guess how efficient it is other than what it looks like.

-
Back