67 Barracuda Notch

-

DrewJ67

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm pretty new to this site, but looks like the place to be for A bodies. A little back ground story on my car. I bought the car in 1994 when I was stationed in Tucson Az. It was my daily driver. I bought the car off of the 2nd owner who was also in the Air Force and he had owned the car since 1978. He bought it from the original owner. The car was purchased in orange county California. He gave me the original registration and certicard. I also have the build sheet as it was under the back seat on the drivers side pretty much intact.
Speed the story up a bit. I left the service and brought the car back home and garaged it. Any time I saved money for it something would come up. DIVORCE, broke, re married, kids. You get the point. I sold the car to my brother when I got divorced, then bought it back. I sold it to him again, this time he had it for 13 years stored, never seeing the road.
One night we were having a few beers and he said to me, you should come get your car back. I was thinking of getting something to have with my boys so we could do it together. My brother has no kids and he just basically gave it back, title and all. So I will not bore you any more with more details. I will post pics as I go. Thank you for reading.

20160409_191030.jpg

20160409_191014.jpg

20160409_204534.jpg

20160413_194339.jpg

20160413_194202.jpg

Great looking car. Welcome to FABO. Definately the A body place to be. Keep us posted on the progress..

Nice car/model to start with, great story and it should be fun letting the kids turn a wrench on it too. Finding some of the '67 only parts/trim will be your challenge if you're restoring it back to a '67.

I have all the trim and it's actually in really good shape. My brother had started doing what little body work it needed. It is so solid it's crazy. The interior is sun ravaged, but it's pretty amazing. It hasn't ran for 5 years. I've rebuilt carb, new fuel filter, new tank and sending unit, blew out line. Changed oil and filter. I'm going to spin it over and make sure it's oiling, then add some spark. Just had the original alternator rebuilt last week. Stamped 1966. It's such a grocery getter. Once I get her running I have some more little body work things to do, them paint. It's originally light blue poly I believe.

Finally I have had a bit of time to work on my project. I pulled the motor and tranny out today. Slow progress, but progress none the less.

20160727_171635.jpg

20160727_171627.jpg

20160727_184238.jpg

20160727_171647.jpg

HMMM There is the other type power steering pump on that engine. So I'm still wondering why the one that was on my 68 318 didn't line up right.
Just looking closely at the earlier pics... Top of doors appear to be a tad low where they meet the quarter skins. Bottom of drivers door sticking out a little too ? Hard to tell for sure but...
If you need to renew the door hinges, do that before you paint. Happy moparing

Love it keep us posted. Do the engine compartment now! I waited on mine and it still is not done!

Nice find,... ask for questions,as needed.. Nice find.,see you , when you need questions answered....

Good eye! The drivers door is a little low. I planned on addressing the hinges. Just worn over the years. Next step will be removing the rest of the engine bay goodies and thoroughly cleaning it, degreasing of K member, and eventually some paint. I still need to remove front and back glass, then interior. Those are my goals before the weather turns and probably some other things I'm not thinking of right now. I'm sure I will be hitting everyone up for info as I go.

OK then, 67 wiper linkage has bronze bushings throughout so no worries there.
The wiper pivots may not be worn too bad internally ( parked for many years ) but definitely should get reseal kits. Mark the bottom of the pot metal posts before you drop them. Reinstall rotated 180 degrees ( your mark to the top ). Some tips are better had in advance.

-
Back