67 barracuda sway bar help.

-

tekslk

Reaction score
I got a sway bar for my car, my question is I dont think I have the tabs on my control arms, Is this something I can weld and make?

I think Firm Feel has a tab that uses the shock bolt to attach to the LCA. You might try to copy that, or buy it from them. I got their lower control arm pins and they are beautiful!

This photo might help you out, what they look like, and where they are located on the control arm.

Attachments

• LCA's 5 Pairs 044 (Small).JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 157
So if mine dont have them bolts or pins I could weld something on and make it work?

The bolt or pivot pin is the lower arm bushing at K member end. The wierd shaped ear that the sway bar attaches to is at the other end. You've probably figured that out by now.
Making that little clip isn't rocker science but if you plan to make them, making stiffening plates that weld across the 2 halves of the lower arms with the sway bar tabs incorperated kills to burds with one stone. End result would be a whole heck of a lot stronger and put stress from the sway bar on both halves of the lower arm instead of only the outher half. Hope this helps

Redfish is right it helps alot.Here's a link
http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/coarmstpl.html

Please note, that pic at the link to stinnening plates is of the lower arm for 73 model and later. The position of that sway bar clip is not correct for earlier models such as yours. The pic posted previously posted here has the clips in the correct position for your bar.

Please note, that pic at the link to stinnening plates is of the lower arm for 73 model and later. The position of that sway bar clip is not correct for earlier models such as yours. The pic posted previously posted here has the clips in the correct position for your bar.

You are correct the 73+ tabs are in a different location on the arms.

I would bend up some metal and make my own. I know on the 73+ bars the hole that the bushing sits in is 5/8" and I would be willing to be the earlier cars are the same.

what brand sway bar did you get? hellwig has a very nice sway bar that has tabs that bolt to the lower control arm where the shock mount bolts to.

and yes, if ur gonna use a sway bar, reinforce the control arms like mentioned.

..i made my own.
just cut a piece of 1 3/4" square tubing, 1/8" wall, about 1 1/2" long
cut it diagonally and you will have 2 3 sided tabs... drill and weld!

Thanks for some ideas the sway bars are off a 67 barracuda I guess there chrysler.

I got a set off a friend I used them to copy a set and made them from eight inch steel welded everything in and it should work great.

-
Back