67 cuda and 72 swinger k frames

-

67 baccaruda

Reaction score
Hello All,
I just bought the '67 Cuda I've been wanting for years. I have a couple 70 chally's, and a 72 Swinger. I bought the '72 as a parts car a couple years ago, but the body was in good shape so I never got around to parting it out. The guy I bought it from (bought a '70 chally from him first) said it was his daughters project but she lost interest and I picked it up real cheap. She had put on new front suspension components before giving up, and I was going to tear it apart and put them on one of my Chally's.

So here's the question...
Can I drop the K out of the 72 (318), and bolt it directly into the 67 cuda (273)? That would give me disc brakes, power steering, and new joints/ball ends...

Sounds to good, so I have to be missing something.

That also gives you the better idler arm setup. Make sure you swap the prop valve and master cylinder, too.

Just bought a 67 Barracuda myself about a week ago. That is a very good idea you got there. Keep us posted on your progress and some pics would be nice. :tongue8: I'm just going to have to stay with the old stuff and do a front rebuild. I can't seem to find new front end parts for it. I don't want the Auto Zone, Advance, stuff. I would like good poly parts another words. Anyone know a good place to start?

mullinax95 said:
Just bought a 67 Barracuda myself about a week ago. That is a very good idea you got there. Keep us posted on your progress and some pics would be nice. :tongue8: I'm just going to have to stay with the old stuff and do a front rebuild. I can't seem to find new front end parts for it. I don't want the Auto Zone, Advance, stuff. I would like good poly parts another words. Anyone know a good place to start?
A good place to start would be Just Suspension or Performance Suspension Technology (PST).

Only way you get the Challengers is if I get a '71 Cuda, then both Challengers will probably go to finance it.

-
Back