67 cuda FB progress UPDATE

Metallic GunMetal Grey with Gloss black stripes or Flat black stripes?

• Total voters
-
man, VERY nice work! I just read this whole thread for the first time! keep up the great work your almost there buddy! i love the color! come on down and lets do some body work on my cuda!!

Thanks a lot Mopardude318! I appreciate the kind words.I';d love to come down and help you out, unfortunatly I work 50 Hrs. a week and I have this project that I'm still working on. L.O.L!!!!
I'd better get on your build page and see what you have been up to lately.

Hey, I have that same vintage air heating unit, I never installed it yet...let me know how it works out for ya, and how you mounted and ran your heater hoses to it. are you going to use a passenger side vent box to close up that factory hole?

Hey, I have that same vintage air heating unit, I never installed it yet...let me know how it works out for ya, and how you mounted it and ran your heater hoses to it.

I ACTUALLY INSTALLED ONE PRIOR TO THIS ONE IN MY BROTHERS 54 CHEVY PICK-UP.
OOPS! I BUMPED THE ALL CAPS!
That's better. Anyways, the system works AWESOME! Never a problem. It is a duel mode one.
Has floor heat and defrost., on my brothers we added A/C. we ran the hosed under the fender up high so they won't bee seen. Then drilled two hones and put grommets in them then ran the hoses out and strait into the water pump and water neck. Very clean. If I remember, it only took two hours to install it all from start to finish. Not including charging his A/C of course. I may end up routing the water hoses the same way. BONUS!! they won't be in the engine compartment and that means I can procastinate a bit longer on the install. Yahh! L.O.L!

ariffle, why did you choose to go with the Vintage Air system? I normally see it done on vehicles with air conditioning and didn't even realize they made 'heater only' systems. Was it to clean up the firewall? Are they supposed to put out more heat? I know that the factory unit in my '67 is far from being a blast furnace.

ariffle, why did you choose to go with the Vintage Air system? I normally see it done on vehicles with air conditioning and didn't even realize they made 'heater only' systems. Was it to clean up the firewall? Are they supposed to put out more heat? I know that the factory unit in my '67 is far from being a blast furnace.

Yes, they have a heater only unit and they do pump out the heat very well.
I went with a vintage air system because my original unit was so far gone that it wasn't possible to save. That and I don't like the way the factory did their fresh air intake because they always leak. I blocked the air tubes off on both sides under the dash. The vintage aid also allows for a very clean look and much less clutter under the dash. Between the new heater and the Ron Francis wiring kit, things SHOULD be fairly tidy and easier to get to any needed wiring or wiper mech's. down the road if need be.
I also didn't like the way the firewall looked with the factory heater box imprint stamped into it so i Cut it out and welded new sheet metal in to make for a smoother looking firewall. I haven't figured out for sure exactly what I'm going to do at the dash control cutouts. I may cut them out and fab a stainless steel cover plate to mount the new Vintage system controls at the original location. I haven't taken measurment's yet but It appears as though the new controls will work there and if close, well that's where the stainless cover plate comes in. I'll just make it a tad bit longer or wider to cover the old control cutout area. I hope!...

Only problem now is finding exhaust manifolds that fit on the tight spaces on the left/ Drivers side. I'm currently looking at Hedman's shorty's for good clearance bur I'm not sure yet.

Great job! Cant wait to get to final assembly of mine. Black is the new orange. LOL!

Great job! Cant wait to get to final assembly of mine. Black is the new orange. LOL!

Thanks buddy. Ya, I think your right about that.
By the way, great score on your parts.
I wish I could score that well on some odds and ends.

I got the front windshield and the back glass in today!!!
I'll post up some pictures in a bit. I just got in and haven't eaten supper yet.

As promised, here are the pictures of the glass installed.
I'll tell ya, I just about forgot to install the dash before the window guy came by.
I drempt about the car all night and part of it was the dash board and how it needed to be installed. I woke up sweating and freaking out about how I almost forgot about getting the dash put in first. Thank God for dreams!!! In the first picture you'll see the dash frame installed and taped up so the glass guy doesn't scratch it up.

View attachment 0303151658.jpg

View attachment 0305151658.jpg

View attachment 0305151658a.jpg

View attachment 0305151658b.jpg

View attachment 0305151658c.jpg

Today after work I started assembling the car because this Sunday it's officially moving day for the car, from my brothers shop to my house. I got the fenders mounted up as well as the nose cowling. I also got the trunk put back on it's hinges. It took me four hours just to get that little bit assembled and lined up properly. I will get the hood on and lined up then tighten down the fenders tomorrow. Oh ya, I need to temp. install a front seat and the steering column so I can ride the car down my driveway off from the box trailer and into the garage.
The maiden voyage I guess. I wish it were drivable now. Anyways, here are a few pictures of the car under assembly.
:happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1: :coffee2::coffee2:

View attachment 0306151931.jpg

View attachment 0306151931a.jpg

View attachment 0306151931b.jpg

View attachment 0306151931c.jpg

It sure looks pretty with those fluorescent lights reflecting off the paint! I'm glad to see the stainless window trim on the front and back glass. I think it adds a lot to the overall look. I always thought mine looked unfinished before I added it.

WOW! Great looking job. Wish I was that far. Love the cragars with your paint choice too! Going with cragars on mine too. Great seeing big progress isnt it!

Thanks guys!
Actually those lights aren't fluorescent lights, they are the new LED lights and they really light up a room.
It has been a long roar getting this far but I still have a bit of a haul left. I need to restock the Barracuda fund to finish so I won't be driving it for awhile.
Today it took me ALL DAY just to get the body lines all lined up like they were when we did the body work. TOmorrow I'll be back at it and hang the front bumper and the lower valance under the bumper then load it up in the trailer and bring it home from my brothers. I'll try to post a few more pictures tomorrow.

Ok guys, I need your help!!!
I'm doing the wiring on the car now and I don't understand or can read the scamatic.
I need to know what wire goes where on the dash multi-plug. The circle plug.
I've got an orange wire, purple or violet wire, black, dark blue,tan,blue with white strip, grey,then a purple or violet wire with a white stripe. All on the round plug and the last color i mentioned is next to the orange wire that I began with. there are three sockets open and unused as well. one is between the blue with stripe and the tan. the others are between the solid blue and black and the last open one is between the black and the purple or violet wire.

Crap! Don't have info in front of me. I'll see if I can find it. I know the orange wire is the dash lights.:D

Crap! Don't have info in front of me. I'll see if I can find it. I know the orange wire is the dash lights.:D

I think I may have found a readable schematic.
If not, I'll post for help again. Rewiring using old sockets really sucks!!
Wish me luck.:burnout:

-
Back