67 cuda FB progress UPDATE

Metallic GunMetal Grey with Gloss black stripes or Flat black stripes?

• Total voters
-
This is for a 68, but should be really close. Check the second one, center of pic.

Well, Im about 95% completed with my rewiring of the car and need to install my shifter for wiring in the reverse light switch. Upon removing the knob it gav up and the cable broke where it screws into the bottom of the knob. Does anyone have a used shifter that you would part with? No one makes the cable part and it's gonna be a real pain to try to make one and function as it should. ARG!!!!!!! :(
Oh ya, its for a 3 speed manual 727

I guess the answer is a big NO.
Oh well, it was worth a try, Guess I'll try to get some stainless steel cable and have a go at welding up ends for my own fix.

not a lot to report. I've been down for the count with sinus infections and it was pretty bad. I'm now on the mend and itching to get back in the garage. I did however get the shifting linkage and assembly all worked out and am now headed to work on making up the fuel lines and the trans cooler lines as soon as the ordered tubing arrives. In the mean time I need to measure for getting my driveline cut down. It's about two inches to long.
(You don't hear that every day) L.O.L!!! The driveline was not on the car when I bought the car three years ago, it was in the car. it may have come from one of his other various Mopar projects. I'm not sure but I do know that I messed up and put new u-joints on it after painting it up all pretty only to find out that it is to long.
Now I have to get it cut down, re-balanced, re-paint it and put u-joints on it again.
Oh well, better to be to long than to short... Hopefully i'll get some pictures up here soon.

So did you come out alright on the wiring pin order? I sympathize with you on the sinus infection problem. I know that if they get bad enough the pain can seem unbearable. Did you check both ends of the driveshaft to make certain the front spline matches your output shaft and the yoke is correct? I'd hate to see you have the shaft shortened and then find out it still won't go together.

I understand the sinus infection thing. Fought with them most of my life. I had to go in for a rhinoscopy to help with my sleep apnea. They broke my nose and straightened it out and I havent had a single infection since. Turns out when I was younger I must have broke my nose and it didnt heal properly and was obstructing my sinuses.

So did you come out alright on the wiring pin order? I sympathize with you on the sinus infection problem. I know that if they get bad enough the pain can seem unbearable. Did you check both ends of the driveshaft to make certain the front spline matches your output shaft and the yoke is correct? I'd hate to see you have the shaft shortened and then find out it still won't go together.

Yes, Thanks for asking. I got it all figured out and everything is functioning as it should with exception of the interior lights, back-up lights and sig. lighter outlets as I haven't wired those in yet. I need to purchase a back-up light switch and sig. lighter outlets.
As far as the drive-line, it slides into the tail shaft and fits perfectly so thats not an issue. I need to accuratly measure from center to center at the barring caps with the spline slid into the tail shaft to know how much needs to be removed from the drive-line still.
Should I put the spline yolk all the way into the tail shaft and then pull it back about an inch prior to measuring? I'd hate for it to be to long and it binding up if the rear axles flex down bumpy roads. I figure I'll need some amount of movement, I just can't remember how much.
:sign3:

I understand the sinus infection thing. Fought with them most of my life. I had to go in for a rhinoscopy to help with my sleep apnea. They broke my nose and straightened it out and I havent had a single infection since. Turns out when I was younger I must have broke my nose and it didnt heal properly and was obstructing my sinuses.

Dragdak, I know what you mean about the broken nose issues. Mine has been broken SEVERAL times from bad landings from plane and helo jumps. My nose looks like a windy road. It doesn't take much for me to not be able to breath out of my nose anymore.

Dragdak, I know what you mean about the broken nose issues. Mine has been broken SEVERAL times from bad landings from plane and helo jumps. My nose looks like a windy road. It doesn't take much for me to not be able to breath out of my nose anymore.

I can't believe you actually jumped out of a PERFECTLY GOOD PLANE!!!!!!!!

:D

I can't believe you actually jumped out of a PERFECTLY GOOD PLANE!!!!!!!!

:D

I was so dumb that I jumped from Planes and Helo's a whole lot of times and my parents dropped me on my head several times too!..... At least from what I remember:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Ok, so Here are a few pictures of the car under final assembly of it's outside parts and pieces.
I also took advantage of nice weather to actually clean the car a bit of all it's dust.
I took a few shots of the underside as well, as I installed the new gas tank, made up new fuel lines, trans. cooler lines, brake lines and finished fitment of the shift linkage and the down shift linkage.
I also took a few of the engine compartment. it's still missing a few needed items, one big one is it's exhaust manifolds or headers. It's looking as though it's going to come down to fabricating a set of headers as I can't find any that fit the way I would like them to fit. I'm sure it's a common issue and one which I'm not going to settle for some junk that works but isn't how I want them to be.
The car is looking pretty low as it sits in the driveway but it's front tires are in the lowest spot in the driveway where it dips down. It is two inches lower than stock but the pictures make it look like a lowrider in the front and jacked up way high in the back. The rear is going to be sitting about two inches lower before I'm done with it so it will handle a bit better.
I still need to shorten the drive line and then tackle the exhaust and that's all that is needed to fire it up for it'd first time in the car. After that I'll be working on the interior.
I am currently working on some ideas for custom door panels and interior door handles etc.
It sure was nice to get it outside to see it in daylight after it was all cleaned off. Man, I can hardly wait to take it around the block for the first time. It kinda makes me a bit giddy just thinking about it. Anyways, that's about it for today, Happy Moparing.... :burnout:

View attachment 0410151816.jpg

View attachment 0410151816a.jpg

View attachment 0410151816b.jpg

View attachment 0410151816c.jpg

View attachment 0410151816d.jpg

View attachment 0410151817.jpg

In the previous pictures it shows the undercoating and I forgot to mention that I used Raptor lining. The stuff is awesome!!! Very easy to clean and it is a great sound deadner.
My brother and I have used it several times in the past and have been ver happy with it.

Here are the shots of the car with most of it's trim re-attached.
With exception of the trunk trim as it needs to be replaced. They were badly damaged when I got the car and have not been able to find any replacements for it YET.

View attachment 0410151808.jpg

View attachment 0410151814a.jpg

View attachment 0410151809.jpg

View attachment 0410151809a.jpg

View attachment 0410151810.jpg

View attachment 0410151811.jpg

View attachment 0410151813.jpg

View attachment 0410151813a.jpg

View attachment 0410151814.jpg

View attachment 0410151814b.jpg

The gun metal color is a nice choise for your car. I've seen gun metal cars with a thin red accent stripe on and that's a good combination too. Keep up the good work.

The gun metal color is a nice choise for your car. I've seen gun metal cars with a thin red accent stripe on and that's a good combination too. Keep up the good work.

Thanks a lot!
I appreciate you taking the time to read my thread.
It's been a long road getting to this point and I almost regret it coming to an end.
I'm gonna miss all the long days and nights working on it with my son. Great times...
:burnout:

I bought 2 new reproduction pieces off of eBay from a seller named metromopar. I don't know if he's ever sold any more but mine look perfect. It is possible to contact sellers so you might be able to ask him if he'll be selling any more. BTW, your car is looking awesome!!

Sometimes when I look at mine I wish I was just doing basically stock rebuild........ Then I remember how the stockers ride and drive. :D Nope, gonna do it the hard way!!!!:blob:
Yours looks really good tho. Wish mine was that far!:protest:

I could have mine done in a few weeks, but I fear my wife would kill me if I didn't work on shop cars. Literally.

Thank guys!
The car is closer to stock than not but I have made several Mods to help with the handling.the engine and Trans appear to be stock but I assure you they are not.
I wanted to go for a sleeper build. Looks basically stock but has a few surprises that can't be seen. Not real drastic but enough to enjoy it more than stock
When I look at your two cars I kind of wish I had made more Mods but over all I'd say I'm deffinatly happy with how it's turning out.

I bought 2 new reproduction pieces off of eBay from a seller named metromopar. I don't know if he's ever sold any more but mine look perfect. It is possible to contact sellers so you might be able to ask him if he'll be selling any more. BTW, your car is looking awesome!!

I'll have to check into the guy you got your trim pieces from.
I just wish I didn't have such a tight budget. I have done this build entirely from cash by working side jobs. $100.00 to $300.00 at a time. I am now in saving mode to purchase material for the interior. I'm wanting to stitch leather on all the seats, door panels, dash pad, console and the inside rear wheel well trim panels in the back. It will be pricy but it'll look sweet.

I test fitted interior trim panels today, only to come back off again so I can finish up the interior wiring and back up light wiring. I'll post pictures when I get them downloaded.

-
Back