67 Cuda windshield gaskets??

-

67cudanotchMS

Reaction score
I have a 67 barracuda notchback. It used the windshield and back glass gaskets that use the lock strips. I want to know if I can use the gaskets for a 68? I do not want to use any chrome around the glass. Will the 68 gaskets work on the 67 without
any trim or clips?

Sure. In fact the 68,9 gaskets seal without added trim where the 67 gaskets without that lock insert are prone to leaks.

I have a 67 barracuda notchback. It used the windshield and back glass gaskets that use the lock strips. I want to know if I can use the gaskets for a 68? I do not want to use any chrome around the glass. Will the 68 gaskets work on the 67 without
any trim or clips?

yes, they will work.
I have a 67 with 68-69 seals, but I am using the trim from a 68 model.

I will try to locate some pics of my glass without the trim installed if I have them.

As you can see, the 68 -69 seals work fine, just that my windshield guy ran a bead of gooky black stuff before installing the glass/seal as a unit.
there is a bit of a seam and gap without the trim but I drove it around a bit without the trim.
It looks much better with the trim though and is really not that hard to install and you are definitely at the right site if you want to locate some 68-69 windshield trim.

cudaglass9.jpg

cudaglass6.jpg

9-2.jpg

WITH TRIM.
9-1.jpg

4.jpg

I think you will be happier if you install the trim clips first then locate some 68-69 trim to cover the seal edges as they do have a bit of a "something's missing" look, but if functionality is all you want they are fine.

I too wish they would make a fat seal that uses no lockstrip or need for trim to cover the seam.

-
Back