67 Dart Build Triangulated 4 link & Mini Tub

-
What did the rear brake setup cost?

$720.00 delivered to my door. I researched a bunch of them and spent alot of time on it.........should have just bought it and been done. I even researched with the help of InkJunkie and a few other members how to piece one together........got tired so Just pulled the trigger on this one. I needed a smaller set up to fit with the 15" steelies....... 11.25" Rotors nothing huge.

Went down to the garage and snuck in about an hour of work on it........

I tacked the upper shock brackets and set the axles to measure for the housing getting wacked. My initial measurements so far were off. It is going to need 2.5" on each side shortened. I will check it again tomorrow when the wheels get here.

When I pull it back apart to finish weld it all, I will be adding gussets in a few places across the brackets, along the frame connections for the shock tower etc. Then it will go to be shortened.

349 stroker etc 001.jpg

349 stroker etc 002.jpg

349 stroker etc 005.jpg

349 stroker etc 006.jpg

349 stroker etc 007.jpg

349 stroker etc 008.jpg

349 stroker etc 010.jpg

349 stroker etc 013.jpg

349 stroker etc 015.jpg

349 stroker etc 016.jpg

This is where I got BUSTED.......she came down in her pajamas to let me have it!!!!!!!!haaaaaaa:-D

We have a dance competition with the girls in 2 hours, how long do you need to be down here, blah blah blah............so I packed it up with my tail between my legs!!!

349 stroker etc 009.jpg

349 stroker etc 009.jpg

This is where I got BUSTED.......she came down in her pajamas to let me have it!!!!!!!!haaaaaaa:-D

We have a dance competition with the girls in 2 hours, how long do you need to be down here, blah blah blah............so I packed it up with my tail between my legs!!!

View attachment 153538

Ha Ha. Two nights ago I had to do the same thing. Two hours of watching my daughter and other kids figure skate. Wahoo! I would rather have a root canal, but it made my daughter happy.

Heres a Caltrac guy! Gotta say the 4 liink looks very impressive. So did you build this 4 link setup or order it? My puter is being a real ***** and I dont dare go back and view the first page again to find out. I also wanted to ask what you are going to use for coil overs.

And can anyone chime in and attest to the street ride and handling abilites of this setup?

Heres a Caltrac guy! Gotta say the 4 liink looks very impressive. So did you build this 4 link setup or order it? My puter is being a real ***** and I dont dare go back and view the first page again to find out. I also wanted to ask what you are going to use for coil overs.

And can anyone chime in and attest to the street ride and handling abilites of this setup?

i run the street lynx from RMS. pretty much the same thing. it ride great and handles incredibly.

i run the street lynx from RMS. pretty much the same thing. it ride great and handles incredibly.
I remember, I think :dontknow: that with Bills suspension mid 10's or so was thought to be the limit for it?

I remember, I think :dontknow: that with Bills suspension mid 10's or so was thought to be the limit for it?

yea thats what he says.. into the 10's is th elimit i believe. it was really designed more to handle then the drag strip. but it worked well on the track for me. dropped my 60' time from 1.69 to a 1.63 with no other changes. may have been able to get more out of it but i didn't really feel like fine tuning for the track because my car is more a street car.

Well I don't know that the tail pipes will fit. I would say probably not. The reason would be I ran BIGGER rod ends and my spacing is 3" for the Lower Bars instead of around 1.5" on the streetlynx system. ALL my rod ends are the same size and on the streetlynx they are bigger at the frame connection and smaller on everything else. Also I brought the lower bars into the frame rails 4 1/8th inch. Everything is set off of the Lower brackets and they are 4 1/8th inches moved into the center of the car.........I will check it out tomorrow but I still don't think they will fit.

I had it custom cut. I will be using Strange Shocks and QA1 Springs.

FYI........If you wanted to set it up exactly like the streetlynx system same size tubes rod end adjustable on 1 side only you will save another $200.00 from what I have into mine. So you would have approximately $400.00 into it with all brackets shock tower and material for the spring boxes. The bigger tubes and rod ends are more $$ plus I got 4 extra rod ends LH-RH to twist the tube and adjust without taking the rod's off.

I had it custom cut. I will be using Strange Shocks and QA1 Springs.

FYI........If you wanted to set it up exactly like the streetlynx system same size tubes rod end adjustable on 1 side only you will save another $200.00 from what I have into mine. So you would have approximately $400.00 into it with all brackets shock tower and material for the spring boxes. The bigger tubes and rod ends are more $$ plus I got 4 extra rod ends LH-RH to twist the tube and adjust without taking the rod's off.

Well no,I dont think the street lynx can handle the power level Im looking for. I am interested in the details of your suspension though.It looks to be much stronger.Can you shoot me a p.m please?

Glad to see your tackling this on your own!Your work looks great and you should beable to fly through the minitub.It,s quicker when working with metal,not rust LOL.Keep up the good work,if I can help in anyway(with pics)from my minitub?Just PM.8)

Ha Ha. Two nights ago I had to do the same thing. Two hours of watching my daughter and other kids figure skate. Wahoo! I would rather have a root canal, but it made my daughter happy.

Well I knew I was NOT the only one getting busted for playing with the OTHER OLD LADY! haaaaaaaa

The kids are only young once..........I have an 18 Year old son, 16 Year old daughter and a 13 year old daughter. Spend as much time with them as you can I tell you what the last 6 years has FLOWN by and I have been there for everything! Talk about a juggling act......Time just flashes by it is weird, I thought they would be little forever!

yea thats what he says.. into the 10's is th elimit i believe. it was really designed more to handle then the drag strip. but it worked well on the track for me. dropped my 60' time from 1.69 to a 1.63 with no other changes. may have been able to get more out of it but i didn't really feel like fine tuning for the track because my car is more a street car.

Hey Joe,

Is there a reason why they say it is only good til the 10's? Not that I will be going any quicker than that.

I was hoping that the Bigger Tubes and Rod Ends would help if I stepped up the power to 7-800hp+ or so someday. One thing I did do is use a 1/4" wall thickness on the Shock Tower. My feeling is with MAX power applied that would be the weakest link in the system. I feel that it will try and RIP the upper link bar tabs right off the Shock tower. That is why I will be doing gusset's on those connections wrapping them around the Shock Tower fully welding up and around the tower, also on each end of the shock tower along the bracket that I made to tie to the frame rails to strengthen it up even more. I will also add them on all the bracket tabs that hold the link to the axle. This way if the car ever pitches sideways the gusset's will add more strength in those areas.

Glad to see your tackling this on your own!Your work looks great and you should beable to fly through the minitub.It,s quicker when working with metal,not rust LOL.Keep up the good work,if I can help in anyway(with pics)from my minitub?Just PM.8)

I may take you up on that. I did get a really cool power point presentation from a member that is going to help me a bunch......

Thanks

Hey Joe,

Is there a reason why they say it is only good til the 10's? Not that I will be going any quicker than that.

I was hoping that the Bigger Tubes and Rod Ends would help if I stepped up the power to 7-800hp+ or so someday. One thing I did do is use a 1/4" wall thickness on the Shock Tower. My feeling is with MAX power applied that would be the weakest link in the system. I feel that it will try and RIP the upper link bar tabs right off the Shock tower. That is why I will be doing gusset's on those connections wrapping them around the Shock Tower fully welding up and around the tower, also on each end of the shock tower along the bracket that I made to tie to the frame rails to strengthen it up even more. I will also add them on all the bracket tabs that hold the link to the axle. This way if the car ever pitches sideways the gusset's will add more strength in those areas.

i'm sure it has nothing to do with the strength of the stuff. more the design. the RMS stuff is/was designed more for cornering then the drag strip. the drag strip was just an added bonus. i think at the 10 second mark you may be better off with a true 4 link or ladder bars if going through all the trouble building the suspension. give bill a call, i'm sure he will explain it better then i ever could.

i'm sure it has nothing to do with the strength of the stuff. more the design. the RMS stuff is/was designed more for cornering then the drag strip. the drag strip was just an added bonus. i think at the 10 second mark you may be better off with a true 4 link or ladder bars if going through all the trouble building the suspension. give bill a call, i'm sure he will explain it better then i ever could.

This will be a multi purpose car like yours with a small block in it for now. I was going to build a True 4 link or ladder bar set up but I decided against it cause I didn't want the exhaust running out the side of the car and you would loose the area to tuck the mufflers under there and the stance of the car I wouldn't be happy with. If I was to do that I would have done a FULL back half of the car to stick 22" wide tires under it. I believe this set up will be just fine for my intended use........

Caltrac guys are running in the 9's all day. I just don't see a reason why this system could not do the same or better if you wanted to take it that far is all.

-
Back