67 Dart Build Triangulated 4 link & Mini Tub

-
RMS stuff may be strong enough for 10's who knows? I think the 10 sec thing was put in by a member here.

There is a lot of power being transmitted at the 10 sec level. The weakest link will give for sure!

Got the steelies today. Mocked up the new Rotors and set the Wheels. I was wrong twice on the narrowing. I am not kidding I measure everything 10 times! Good thing I did............Needs to be shortened 3 1/2 inches on each side to sit dead center in the wheel well.......Just so you guys know this was a B Body Housing. I didn't have time to see if the Tail Pipes would fit, hopefully tomorrow.

349 stroker etc 001.jpg

349 stroker etc 002.jpg

349 stroker etc 003.jpg

349 stroker etc 004.jpg

349 stroker etc 006.jpg

349 stroker etc 005.jpg

Anybody got a sawzall haaaa

349 stroker etc 007.jpg

349 stroker etc 001.jpg

349 stroker etc 002.jpg

349 stroker etc 003.jpg

349 stroker etc 004.jpg

349 stroker etc 006.jpg

349 stroker etc 005.jpg

349 stroker etc 007.jpg

Looks good Mad Dart!!!! You're my competition!!!! hehe... :D

You got me smoked! You have an awesome build going on James!

I am tearing it all apart to finish weld everything this weekend. I will be 3 & 4 side boxing the axle & link brackets then fabricating gusset's for the shock tower up against the frame rail. Then the housing goes in to be shortened.

All I know is there are two cool threads to follow with both you guys doing great stuff! Beware I'll be copying any cool ideas,lol!

way cool, I cheated I bought the RMS kits, looks like your doing an awsome job.....
Dodge29

Yes I do! I have lengths of everything and where to buy it all... I figured that way if someone wanted to do the same thing they can duplicate it very easily.......I am keeping track of all the cost etc also.

The link so far with all the brackets, shock mounts, tabs, shock tower etc I have right at $600.00 into it so far. Shocks will be another $400.00-$600.00. Oh yeah that includes all the material for the spring boxes also. So the savings is another $150.00 or so for them!!!

So you will save a minimum of $800.00 doing it like I am compared to the Streetlynx system. Possibly more because their kit is not a weld on, it is a bolt on. I know they offer it a as a weld on but I am sure the price goes up for the changes.

FYI Doing it this way you are moving the front hangers in 4 1/8th inches on each side. Instead of the normal 3" that you would do on a spring relocation that rides in the center of the frame rails.

Hi Friend, Cogratulations. Can you send me the specs, I'm From Venezuela, and it''s dificult to me buy a bolt on system and I preffer built my own. This is exactly I 'm looking for my car.
My e-mail: [email protected]

Yes I do! I have lengths of everything and where to buy it all... I figured that way if someone wanted to do the same thing they can duplicate it very easily.......I am keeping track of all the cost etc also.

The link so far with all the brackets, shock mounts, tabs, shock tower etc I have right at $600.00 into it so far. Shocks will be another $400.00-$600.00. Oh yeah that includes all the material for the spring boxes also. So the savings is another $150.00 or so for them!!!

So you will save a minimum of $800.00 doing it like I am compared to the Streetlynx system. Possibly more because their kit is not a weld on, it is a bolt on. I know they offer it a as a weld on but I am sure the price goes up for the changes.

FYI Doing it this way you are moving the front hangers in 4 1/8th inches on each side. Instead of the normal 3" that you would do on a spring relocation that rides in the center of the frame rails.

Hi Friend, Congratulations. Can you send me the specs, I'm From Venezuela, and it's difficult to me buy a bolt on system and I prefer built my own. This is exactly I 'm looking for my car.
My e-mail: [email protected]

Mocked up one side of the brakes today to make sure the calipers would clear the steelies......DANG it is close but it clears. These Rotors are 11.25" I was going to go bigger but the look I am after the BIG brake kits will not fit. This is as big as you can go.

I also raised the suspension up to see how LOW it would go. It will go easily another 6 inches lower than what you see in the picture.

349 stroker etc 006.jpg

349 stroker etc 005.jpg

349 stroker etc 007.jpg

349 stroker etc 009.jpg

349 stroker etc 011.jpg

349 stroker etc 012.jpg

349 stroker etc 013.jpg

349 stroker etc 014.jpg

349 stroker etc 006.jpg

349 stroker etc 005.jpg

349 stroker etc 007.jpg

349 stroker etc 009.jpg

349 stroker etc 010.jpg

349 stroker etc 011.jpg

349 stroker etc 012.jpg

349 stroker etc 013.jpg

349 stroker etc 014.jpg

349 stroker etc 015.jpg

The build is looking great and is making my build look pretty bad. What kind of pinion angle are you planning on running and are you planning on any rake to the car?

Come on now, your welding is incredible!

As far as the pinion angle goes it is at 0* and I can move it to wherever it is needed. I will set it and forget it after the drive train is installed. On my 70 Dart the tail shaft of the trans was pointed down about 2.7* and the car has a 2* Rake front to rear. I had to put a 6* shim in that one to bring it to 0 with caltracs it moves about 3* up under load to make it just about correct with that set up. What I like about this set up is I just loosen the jamb nuts on the link bars and twist the rods, it is actually very easy to adjust Pinion and tracking, alot easier than I thought and I like the fact that you dont have to Take any of the bars off to do it.

I want it to set lower than my 70 does here in this picture by about 1-2" or so.

This picture is before I changed the tires and has 14" wheels.

IMG_0671.jpg

This one shows with the new tires on still with 14" wheels

5-13-2010 030.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

5-13-2010 030.jpg

I like it! If thats the same stance you intend to use it's great!

What I like about this set up is I just loosen the jamb nuts on the link bars and twist the rods, it is actually very easy to adjust Pinion and tracking, alot easier than I thought and I like the fact that you dont have to Take any of the bars off to do it.QUOTE]

That tires are pretty sweet. I thought about ordering those, but the BFG's were a little cheaper and my grandfather draws his retirement from BFG so I buy them when I can.

The 4-link is looking great. That's the beauty of a 4 link and coilovers. In a matter of minutes you can change ride height, spring rate and pinion angle. I love it. I am sitting at about +2 degrees pinion angle and have not even messed with it. I am also running 200 lb springs in it. They are a little stiff and will swap them out for 150's eventually and try them. What spring rate are you running or did I miss that?

Those are nice tires! hurry and get it done!! did you order your shocks yet? are you not going to use the qa1's?

I may use strange shocks and QA1 Springs. Summit has a package deal on them. Gunna take Crackedback's advise and start with a 130lb spring.

That tires are pretty sweet. I thought about ordering those, but the BFG's were a little cheaper and my grandfather draws his retirement from BFG so I buy them when I can.

The 4-link is looking great. That's the beauty of a 4 link and coilovers. In a matter of minutes you can change ride height, spring rate and pinion angle. I love it. I am sitting at about +2 degrees pinion angle and have not even messed with it. I am also running 200 lb springs in it. They are a little stiff and will swap them out for 150's eventually and try them. What spring rate are you running or did I miss that?

I really like the adjustability for sure. Spring rate I will start with is 130lbs 12" springs......Still tossing around which shock to use.

Great choice! Like I said before, I cannot wait to see it with these tires and the steelies on the ground.

Great work!

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!

I am trying to get it done. I didn't get much done this week. Hoping to work on it this weekend.

I like it! If thats the same stance you intend to use it's great!

My buddy's 70 Dart sits probably 2" higher than my 70 all the way around. I bought that car with 1" lower springs on it. I didn't notice it til my buddy brought his car to my house, he looked at the springs and found the de arch on them by the rear shackles.

Thanks everyone for the pump up. I will hopefully get the rear end out this week end and finish weld it all up to take the housing to be shortened. Oh and I forgot to put int the spacer where the Backing plate will go so my final cut on each side of the B Body housing will be 3.75".............

Hey MadDart the stance on your 70 Dart is similar to my 66 Dart.I have the MT 275/50/15R on the rear of the 66 Dart(26 inch)I,ve had them since last season,so might aswell use them up then will go to the taller 28 inch ones.You,ve done some nice work on your 4 link setup,looks beefy.I also really like the color of your 70 Dart,you don,t see any that color.Keep up the great work,I,m waiting to see how the stroked 402 works out for you.:cheers:

Hey MadDart the stance on your 70 Dart is similar to my 66 Dart.I have the MT 275/50/15R on the rear of the 66 Dart(26 inch)I,ve had them since last season,so might aswell use them up then will go to the taller 28 inch ones.You,ve done some nice work on your 4 link setup,looks beefy.I also really like the color of your 70 Dart,you don,t see any that color.Keep up the great work,I,m waiting to see how the stroked 402 works out for you.:cheers:

-
Back