67 Dart GT convertible moulding seals

-

orion20001

Reaction score
I have had a new windshield and seal replaced on my 67 Dart GT convertible and I am ready to install the wide stainless steel trim around the outside of windshield. These pieces had some remnants of some kind of weatherstripping on the underside of them where they meet up with the windshield seal. Does anyone know where or what I would use to seal this trim?

The windshield frame was reshaped to make it stronger, then the trim rounds out the finish again. This leaves a void between the trim and the frame, so they filled that void with foam , probably to prevent a wind noise, etc.. It didn't actually seal anything. I'm not sure where I would start looking for a length of foam approx. 1 inch square. the expanding foam in a spray can might be just as good or better.

Thanks, I was kind of thinking along the same lines of possibly using a weatherstripping. My main concern was interior water leaks from water streaming from the windshield between the stainless steel moulding and windshield frame.

-
Back