****'67 Dart GT fender turn signal lenses****

-

65Val

Average Length Member
Reaction score
Some time ago I seem to remember someone was repro'ing the lenses for 1967 Dart GT fender turn signals....they fit into the chrome housing on the front fender. Anyone remember who it was? Can't seem to find them now.

Thanks.

attachment.php

oh....duh sorry. check out collectorsautosupply.com they have a bunch of NOS and reproduction units for 67's

I can't get the light socket out of one of mine. I do have another complete socket assembly out of another unit but they seem to be riveted in. How do you change these in the housing?

I can't get the light socket out of one of mine. I do have another complete socket assembly out of another unit but they seem to be riveted in. How do you change these in the housing?

With a small dremel disc, I ground the "rivet" flat and removed the socket holder. When reinstalling. I drilled the housing with a small drill, ran tap down the hole and used a small screw and washer to hold the socket holder in place. I think I have pics on my other computer if you need them.

With a small dremel disc, I ground the "rivet" flat and removed the socket holder. When reinstalling. I drilled the housing with a small drill, ran tap down the hole and used a small screw and washer to hold the socket holder in place. I think I have pics on my other computer if you need them.

Here's a couple pic...might make it clearer....

After grinding the little "rivet" flat, the whole wiring/socket/bulb/lens comes out as an assembly.

Attachments

• 67DartGTFenderTurnSignalDiagram.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 190
  • 67DartFenderTurnSignals4.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 173
  • 67DartFenderTurnSignals1.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 201
Hey 65 val i have 2 new ones with out packaging complete with harness ,drivers side ! chasing pass side,its only taken me 3.5 years scouring the web to get these 2 rare as rocking horse Sh:t. I have 2 s/h ones Chrome is great but lens is broken on one at the base. A friend reconds there is a type of resin available where you can make a lens just got to make a mold,might look into it as i know these start fading or the most common thing as the bases break where the bulb socket mounts. Two7T3Dart i like your method on removing the mount than drill & tap. !

I sure don't know. I took the GT chrome off mine and of course "so went" the fender indicators.

I was thinking of that but was wondering if anyone had actually done it. Wouldn't you know the one complete assembly I had sitting around the light socket came out without much trouble. But the one in the car that is burned I can't remove even after trying to get some PB Blaster soaked in it.. Thanks for the info.

I got the first one I took off apart after soaking it with PB Blaster for 2-3 days and carefully using two plyers. I also had to soak the old lamp base to get it out. I also had to sand down the rust inside the tube that the lamp socket goes into and a little sanding on the lamp socket. This hasn't been apart since the car was made and driven for the first 4-5 years in all kinds of weather. Now for the other side.

-
Back