-
Status
Not open for further replies.

64ValiantConv

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Not mine, but very interesting.... is it worth $20K?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/2734475098.html

Date: 2011-12-03, 4:39PM CST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

1967 Dodge Dart gts sport. Rare car, 1 owner most of its life, lots of paper work, owner's manual, warranty tag, finder tag, original bill of sale, dark metallic blue, nice original blue bucket seat interior, fresh built 383 engine, and 4speed transmission. No rust ever, drives like new. $19,900.00 cash talks. No motorcycle trades. Call Marlin 256-996-7299 or Steve 256-505-2551.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
5V55T15Z13m93p83l0bc360bb0466d35815f5.jpg
5Y45Z35U53k53m63l8bc3f50bc77aa5b61519.jpg
5O65T45U33m93p63l1bc3fed6ae2b87481ed2.jpg
5V55P35S03nb3k53odbc353b2f9f02c351235.jpg
PostingID: 2734475098

If it is all original, this is a steal. Very rare car. Worth a lot more even in this market. BUY IT

67 should not have a stripe or a buldge hood to be correct. A true A body 383 should have diff. motor mount bosses. Does it have #s radiator and exhaust manifolds, correct air breather and valve covers? If not those are tall dollar items. Have a buddy up here in Maine w a B5 blue 67 383 4spd GTS. ALL #s parts and engine. It is all appart and he wants $12k But all the big money items are there.

I would look at all body number stampings, there was a fake one at one time running around North Alabama, same color, had all the right parts but was a 67 GT donor car with parts swapped from a wrecked GTS, I hope this isn't it though since they have paper work.

Its been on ebay for the last week, and no action. There's no pics of the "secret" body numbers, engine cast dates, vital casting numbers, etc.
There are too many wrong things on it to make me believe its an original...but I could be wrong. Would cost a pretty penny to put it back right.

My first thougth was wrong rims, wrong hood, and tail stripe. I can just imagine what the rest of the car looks like as far as being original.

If nothing else looks like a nice cruiser. Value? I guess it would depend on the quality of restore and the documentation.

As for the vin, that's one thing that was changed on the one that I saw here a few years back, vin and all big block stuff was swapped from a rear ended 67 GTS, but as I said, I would hope that no one wouldn't try to pass one off as original

but as I said, I would hope that no one wouldn't try to pass one off as original

Yes, an honest seller would not do that, BUT, there are TONS of DIShonest sellers these days, the economy being what it is, and without seeing this thing in person with about 3 hours to check it out thoroughly, I wouldn't jump at it.

You guys are a hard crowd. "...to make it right.." Whats "wrong" with it? A very clean '67 Dart with a 383 that fits and a 4 sp? Nice paint and interior, no rust? Looks like a nice car to me. Add said nothing about it being original, that's clear by the bumble stripe, hood and rims.

You're right, ad doesn't say car is original, but since it says original bill of sale, warranty card and all that I guess one would just think that's what they meant, does look like a nice car, but if it is a clone then the price is a little much, that is of course just my opinion, what it boils down to is if buyer and seller are happy then it's a good deal for them at that time.....and I like the stripe and hood both

You guys are a hard crowd. "...to make it right.." Whats "wrong" with it? A very clean '67 Dart with a 383 that fits and a 4 sp? Nice paint and interior, no rust? Looks like a nice car to me. Add said nothing about it being original, that's clear by the bumble stripe, hood and rims.

"Matching 383 v8 4speed"...original owner...blah,blah blah. He's implying its an original 383 GTS. If its real, it should have sold for $19k. (it expired with no bids) If its a clone, its WAY overpriced.

Rims, hood, wrong shifter , etc. can all be changed....the "meat" concerns the originality of the car being a factory built 1967 GTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back