67 Dart Post Project

-
I am heading to my shop soon and will get the specs off of the box. Too bad you already bought pistons cause I may have a set for sale.....:angry7:

Well I may still buy them from you! Let me know the specs.

We can work a deal on getting you the Icon 745's to replace them!

2010-11-14_10-32-31_63.jpg

Looks like I'm in the market for some pistons. I will trade them straight up for a new set of KBs. They are worth a few hundred more but I really don't care

Traded the Diamond pistons for a set of KB icons today. Going to start assembling the short block tomorrow. Thanks Louis

I just read the whole thread, as had missed it somehow. Nice work, this is going to be a very special car!

Thats not little ****! Thats sum real ****! That is one sexy bottom end. :snakeman:

Haha, thanks. I'll be getting in touch with Brian soon. I need a set like that to compliment my bottom end....

Thats the motor from Jake at Fastest Street Car Magazine. Check the back issues to see exactly what they were doing with it. It was slated to be a low compression twin turbo motor with Brodix heads. There is a lot of work in the short block. Good buy and it sounds like you just made someones day!

Yep, it's the fastest street car engine. Jake is supposed to be sending me the articles soon because they are no longer available online.

Stripped and primed the bottom side of the trunk lid. Also a pic of one of the quarter windows with the rough filler applied.

2010-11-29_20-11-11_91.jpg

2010-11-29_20-42-55_499.jpg

2010-11-29_20-43-13_999.jpg

Just wondering if you used paint stripper on the whole car or just some of the panels? I'm going to strip my 75 Scamp soon and was thinking of useing aircraft stripper. Use it on some rims and worked great.

Just wondering if you used paint stripper on the whole car or just some of the panels? I'm going to strip my 75 Scamp soon and was thinking of useing aircraft stripper. Use it on some rims and worked great.

I used stripper for a majority of the paint removal. The undersides of the trunk and hood were sandblasted and then sanded with a DA to clean them up. I used a wire wheel on an angle grinder for the hard to reach areas.

Looks alot like mine............The blue is under the purple now.....LOL. I just got a 67 Dart a month ago.No major work done yet........Well motor tranny is out and interior . Front end is almost stripped down. Thanks for the pics......All the best

Not much to update. Bought a Victor 340 intake and a Comp xs282s cam and lifter set for the 408. Also I'm picking up a A833 next week.

-
Back