67 Dart Resto w/5.7 hemi

-
I have a new set of red shorty plug wires. I will let them for $40 + S&H if you want them.

Lime, what's going on?
Dude I ordered the back window from Vintage Auto Glass back in november and they still have not delivered I had to search the internet for a few days and finally found one that had a new old one and had Vintage pay them for it since I had already paid them for it and they were going to have that company ship it out directly to me and that didn't happen. Long story short it was shipped pony express and I should have it by the 26th of this month. That is if the Pony don't dye on me. lol Hopefully it will come in one peace and then I can install both at the same time. I will keep you guys posted.

I look forward to some pics when you get them installed.

Ahhhhh, you know me so well!!!!

Hope your experience can help me 67limecrazy. I am now preping my 67 dart post for the body shop. Trying to locate replacement weatherstipping before I toss the originals. I have found and purchased most, but I still can not locate the quarter window glass weatherstripping at any of the usual Mopar resto pedlers. What did you use? Or were you able to salvage the orginals? Thanks in advance.

You are Damn right. We must perfect what others don't know what to do. But at the end we conquer. Friday off to Daytona Turkey Rod Run. I will see if someone in the swap meet there has anything for mopars. Every year I go it seems that only one maybe two guys have parts there. Hopefully the guy that sells the windshields will be there. If I manage to get both hopefully the car should be done by the end of the year. The one thing I am having a hard time getting is the weatherstripping for the back window. I am crossing my fingers at this point.

Hope your experience can help me 67limecrazy. I am now preping my 67 dart post for the body shop. Trying to locate replacement weatherstipping before I toss the originals. I have found and purchased most, but I still can not locate the quarter window glass weatherstripping at any of the usual Mopar resto pedlers. What did you use? Or were you able to salvage the orginals? Thanks in advance.
I am in the process of buying all new weatherstripping for my 63, I had really good luck at these places.
http://www.franbishopracing.com/index.html
http://www.restorationspecialties.com/

Well I must say that if you can salvage the ones you have do so. They are not available. I used so far the front weatherstripping to a Jeep Cherokee '91-93 and used both sides. Made them fit so I would not have water seeping inn. I am still trying to find them no luck so far and I have been searching for 4 years now. The Front windshield is still available but the back window isn't. The Front windshield is DW691 Part Number. The weatherstripping for the front and rear are still available. Hard to get but you can still find them. Good Luck. Any other info let me know I have the receipts and could look them up.

Hey Guys here are some new Added Pictures.
First one is my Hood On Rods For Show.
DSCN0006.jpg

Here is the New Radio and the A/C System.
DSCN0007.jpg

Next is the New Old Rear Window that i found that was stuck in someones wharehouse and it popped out at last minute. The Lady that sold it to me said I was a lucky man because it seemed that this was the very last one of the Mojicans.
DSCN0003.jpg

The very last one is the same window with the top moulding. For some reason the bottom one is giving me trouble. I will try to get it in the sun so it will soften some and see if it goes inn unless one of you guys have a suggestion.
DSCN0009.jpg

hey 67 try cat whiskers I though they had them they are in most of mopar mags and how hard was it to get that new gen hemi in i have a lead on a 5.7 complete for $2100 do not no if it is agood deal or not.

hey 67 try cat whiskers I though they had them they are in most of mopar mags and how hard was it to get that new gen hemi in i have a lead on a 5.7 complete for $2100 do not no if it is agood deal or not.
The price is good if it has all the accessories. Now depending in what body you are installing it is were the challenge can happen.

68 valiant 2 door post hopefully it is a 6cyl i have up gradeed to 8.75 lg bolt pattern disc etc.Have not seen yet but its suppose to have everything computer also can computer be redone or do i have to get a stand alone

:cheers:If it is as you say with computer and all with wiring harness it is a great deal. But if it does not have the wiring harness you can order it from Hotwire Auto and it is still a good deal. Don't even think about it. Buy it and all you have to do is follow the instructions given to you either by myself , Tin , 5.7 and others that have done the swap. We all have done it and are more than willing to help out as much as we can. On my build I was also helped by all the guys in here and it also made it interesting as well a fun. There will be days were you will want to Blow your Brains but that is what we are here for to help. So good luck and get those pictures coming 5.7 loves this kind of ****. lol

you got me very intrested on this swap

Just go for it! $2100 is a good deal, you will need the modified harness which is $1000, reflash your computer $250, motor mounts, headers ( I used Jeep SRT8 headers a lot cheaper and fit like a glove.) It's a lot of work, and not exactly cheap, but it will make a nice driver with 350hp and 20+ mpg. If I can fit one in a 63, you will have no trouble with your 68. Good luck

Thats right, there is plenty of room on the band wagon, so pull the trigger and do it. Of course, do what you can as time and money allow.

-
Back