67 dart stroker hellcat gen3 hemi with twin turbos...

-
Started to remove the front suspension for coil over conversion from cap industrys. This is a big pain in the ***. Still keeping the stock k member though maybe? I need the room under it. for the monster downpipe that will be run. Newgen all the way it looks like. Got a buyer for my other block coming tomorrow. After less then an hour on Craigslist. I didn't even get to list it anywhere else. I may be using that for either cage work or engine and trans purchases? Or pay off the credit card I used to buy it? Doh.

Floor pans score today. Craigslist score for 125. It's only the front half, but better then nothing. I can make the rear easily with sheet metal. Still trying to find /6 to newgen hemi mounts.

Hey turbo, I just found this thread and read the whole thing. I'm in Lees Summit, and I feel your pain. My 67 has been off the road longer than it has been on for the five years that I've owned it. It's mini-tubbed and has a narrowed Strange 60 rear end. Sometimes I walk away from it for months on end, but I always come back to it because it's my dream to have a nice Mopar.

Let me know if you need any help or just want to stand around and drink beer and stare at our uncompleted cars!

Hey turbo, I just found this thread and read the whole thing. I'm in Lees Summit, and I feel your pain. My 67 has been off the road longer than it has been on for the five years that I've owned it. It's mini-tubbed and has a narrowed Strange 60 rear end. Sometimes I walk away from it for months on end, but I always come back to it because it's my dream to have a nice Mopar.

Let me know if you need any help or just want to stand around and drink beer and stare at our uncompleted cars!

I'm always up for either. I'm trying to track down a decent MIG welder to do the floors. I only got the front half pieces, but the back is flat **** anyways. Might as well use sheet metal and weld it in. Save me several hundreds from amd or year one etc... shoot me a email or pm we can hook up sometime and waste time talking proverbial bs.LOL

Well i guess its been a few uuhhhhhh days since i worked on my car? Ouch!!!
Anyways, cage is to begin to get done as well as tubs and floor and chute mount. So then itsalot of assembly and repair some much needed body work on the pass inner fender around the upper a arm mount are. Its not rusted through but has some sizable surface rust needing repaired asap.

Plans as follows i have a 5.7 hemi now as its my go to engine 110% on this one. Possibly do a small stroker to about 370" and still a turbo on 88mm. This is so i can run multiple races, and a few different classes all around the midwest etc....

Still torn on a coil over conversion or rebuilt stock front. Really want to do the coilovers but cant find what to get. Want the car absolutely in the weeds as best as possible.

Anyways ill update some pics once the cage is done. Im finally excited about the car again. Perhaps ill drive it before the worlds ends?

20120318_154639-1.jpg

Well its underway at least. Floors almost done. Cage is started as well. I just cant wait to get it back in my hands to get it going. May not be able to work on it soon either. I hurt my other shoulder and think its a rotator cuff issue. I got to see the doctor on the 30th. Anyways heres some updated pics of the construction under way.
floorconnectors.jpg

floorconnectors2.jpg

Mainhoop.jpg

I realize i havent include hardly any pics of my car. So all you guys have read was the lx trip i was gonna take a few years ago. Well im over that foolishness and moving on with the car full speed. However my other passion has been in the way for a few years and that arms. But here is a few up to speed stuff i never included a while back.

The badass rearend 9"+ strange built by jakes performance fabrication(chassis guy from the twin f2 duster, great fabricator). Assasin bars from smith racecraft i got through jake as well. 40 splined axles wilwood brakes all around. Going to order another bracket and calipers for dual calipers for the rear to help staging.

Asassinbars.jpg

And an under shot of the cars soon to be finished floor and the new sub frame connectors.

Bottomofcar.jpg

And before you think the bottom is rusted out under neith it. Heres a cleaned up pic before it went to the chassis shop a few weeks ago.

20120810_224432.jpg

That looks awesome!!! Great work, man. I'm about ready to start a new engine build for my '67 post. Good to see another one out there!

Well I had surgery on may 3rd with a trn labrum. The part that holds the bicep to the bo e was ripped badly. The swelling wasn't swelling it was blood building up. My arm is killing me and my bordem us much worse. So I decided to one arm work and took the wheels off one at a time to paint the outer ring. What ya all think of the new look? I love it myself.

also didn't post up the rearend coated but it looks good. Be down 4-6 months. So il have to wait till spring to drive/race it. Should be quite the animal. Shooting for 4s and 7s on the strip and driving it home. That should make people say wtf. Lol

I think the wheel color makes it look like its on dubs. Might be able to sucer a fool into a big money grudge race once its done? I could see the look on their face when I run a 7.60ish something on them. Lol

It has come a long way buddy love your work on the car and the wheels came up just awesome, wish u fast recovery and hope u enjoy your car for long time, awesome build!

Thanks guys. It feels really good when others say they like your car and hard work I've done.

Been a while since ive sen his thread. Nice progress, looks real good... I really really like the wheels. Is it paint or plastidip?

Holy cow, this thread did a giant 180!!! Wish I had the skills, money, time, and energy to do this. Sombeech is gonna be awesome

I'm gonna be out and about in the Dart today. Might need to come by and check out the progress?!?

I'm gonna be out and about in the Dart today. Might need to come by and check out the progress?!?

I'm outta state till friday otherwise hell ya come on by. I'm off work for a while. Had shoulder surgery so I'm a one armed bandit.

Good to see you get that out and blow the dust off it.

And its platidip on the wheels. I wanted to see if I'd like it first before powercoating.

Thanks for the props guys. Its come a long way this winter.

Damn I read through this and didn't even give props to man behind the cage and tubs n floor. Rodney McLaughlin of hookinchassis in Holt mo. He did the above cage and sheet metal work. Hell of a nice guys to boot and reasonable prices like few others.

Well I'm only one arm capable right now. So I'm gonna try and clean all he underside of the front of the car. I'm off work due to shoulder surgery and I'm bored out of my mine. Just hoping my desently working good arm is up to he task of one handed wire wheeling and sanding. Only time shall tell. Heres a before I get started pic so we can compare before and afters. Lol

Very cool build!

I've got a few questions for you:
How much boost before heads lift? What can be done to keep em down? I've heard both bigger head studs and different material head studs.
What gaskets? I've seen the high dollar ones that incorporate o rings. What are the boost limits for the different gaskets?
What about o-ringing the block?

I'm really interested to know how much boost the Hemi can handle and stay sealed, and what mods up that number the most.

I know you've been keeping up with a lot of high end boost builds- figured you'd have the knowledge of what those guys have done to make it work.

-
Back