67 dart stroker hellcat gen3 hemi with twin turbos...

-
Well almost got the rear ends brskr lines all done. Till the very last fitting I strip the threads.
picked up a cheap steering wheel from vato zone. **** it im not buying fancy for now just something to pass my minutes by. Figure I could buy the removable steering kit and mess this one up to figure how to make it work with a decent wheel. Lol

Rear ends back under the car. All assembled with brakes and all. Need to run the main line from the mc back to the rear end and get a braided line to attach it. That hose is already ordered as well. Still yet to buy a line lock and just forgot it for the hundredth fricken time.
need to blow the old front lines out and blead the mc. Wont do that till I get a linelock to install.

Pretty much down hill from here. Need to schedule the car back into the chassis shop for the mounting of the motor plate etc.. finish the 25.3 cage up and get the hot side done.

I would love to see updates on the jungle jim inside the car. Looking for ideas because i need to update my cage to 25.3 before next year,and you dont see many late 60s Darts going that route.

It wont be till september oct before I finalize the cage. I will post once its up and going.

There is only the wrap around head bars, x bar in the doors, and roof bars remaining for the cabin part of the car. And the floor bars under the floor boards. Few grand worth to finish lol. Im waiting to get my motor and midpates first as well as some odds n ends. So it can all be done at once. Then just build the engine and run the car.

Well since I have not touched this car in months. I dont think im going to again for a long time now. I only have one end of a brake line to flare and attach to just bleed and have brakes on this car. The line has been hanging under it since august 11th. The day before my dad died. I have lost all interest in it at this point. I cant even look at it right now. So I threw a blanket over it and called it quits. It just doesnt matter to me anymore. My heart is broken and I feel dead inside. This car just isnt doing it for me anymore.

So intend to let it sit as I shop for a gen5 ss camaro to drive and beat on for a while to get a smile. I hope so anyways. I am most certainly hurting now and dont think ill ever recover. It just isn't the same anymore with my father.

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. That hurts man. I'm sorry. Nobody would blame you for putting it on hold 'til you feel like picking up the tools again. My only advise is hold on to it. I've had mine forever, and it's been a "project on hold" as often as it's been a project... It's finally on the road, and the feeling of accomplishment is amazing... My dad passed away 15yrs ago, the first place I drove my dart when It was roadworthy was the cemetery, cause I knew he'd appreciate my work... Keep your chin up, it gets better. Now go grab gears in a camaro or whatever until your hearts content, and sip a cold one often for your dad.

PM if you ever wanna chat.

Joe

Thanks joe. Its not going anywhere but I wanted my dad to see my first pass in it. He and his brother and brothers kids bracket race. I was gonna be the first heads up racer but now I dont think I will. Driver street car maybe when one of my boys decide I should finish it. Till then it can rust to dust in my garage. Hurt is an understatement for me. I do not have friends. I only had my father till aug 11th. Now I have nobody and a very broken heart. Someday...maybe...

Sorry for your loss. My father is 86 now and I fear I will feel much as you do when I lose him.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I am still devistated about my fathers passing. Yet i have to live on as well and show my boys life goes on. It is so heart breaking to me but im moving on the best i can.

Ordered the last fitting the other day. Need to make a new mc mount to lower it down the firewall to make the pedal shaft be strait into it. Otherwise ill damage the seals im sure. I have not touched the car but ive looked at it and been thinking about now. So that is a start.

Sorry for your loss, I know what you are going through, I lost my mom to cancer in 96. I felt lost, heart broken and did not know what to do. Few months later bought my Dart as a roller and went to work. It gave me a way to step away from everything going on and take my mind off things a few hours a day. It definitely helped me get through everything and all I can say is you will always have a feeling like something is missing but as time goes on you will learn to live with it. You will start to have more fun memories and laugh at the good times you guys shared.

I feel your pain. I've lost my dad, mom and little sister all to cancer in the last ten years. Each of the losses hurt me in a different way, but somehow I've powered through it because that's what they would've wanted me to do. My project has hit a standstill for other reasons. Maybe we need to get together and have that beer? Maybe we can motivate each other to get back at it? Let me know. Brian

I feel your pain. I've lost my dad, mom and little sister all to cancer in the last ten years. Each of the losses hurt me in a different way, but somehow I've powered through it because that's what they would've wanted me to do. My project has hit a standstill for other reasons. Maybe we need to get together and have that beer? Maybe we can motivate each other to get back at it? Let me know. Brian

Ya know a beer might do me good. I have not had one in a very long time. Ill send ya a pm with my info if i haven't yet??

So sorry for your loss I know the feelings you have been going through its the worse thing in the world to loss your dad

I just read through your entire thread to this point. - Sorry to hear about your Dad. It sounds like some of his racing blood is flowing through your veins.

It's been quite a while since my Dad passed away but I still miss him. That feeling of loss never entirely goes away. It took me a long time before I felt enthused about tinkering with hobby stuff afterwards. Everything seemed to be frivolous.

But it sounds as though he'd have been proud of the work you've put into the car. Even though eventually life will start to return to normal, you're probably best off taking a break from it for awhile.

Well i got some stuff on its way now.
Modern muscle short intake dragpak style.
Ptc built glide 1.80 vasco ringless 10 clutch ried 2 piece case
Holley hp ordered and pay for tomorrow
Some other odds and ends of stuff like shifter and shiftnoid etc...
Oh motor and mid plate also getting made.

I cant remember what else i ordered. Still have a few grand left to throw at this thing. Debating what to spend it on.

I cant remember what else i ordered. Still have a few grand left to throw at this thing. Debating what to spend it on.[/QUOTE]

A few sets of extra tires and a couple pairs of boxers cuz thats what youll need when that thing is done!!

I cant remember what else i ordered. Still have a few grand left to throw at this thing. Debating what to spend it on.

A few sets of extra tires and a couple pairs of boxers cuz thats what youll need when that thing is done!![/QUOTE]

Nah ive been fast before. Might widen my eyes the first time but thats it.

Just read the entire thread sorry to hear about your dad. Kinda teared me up and made me go give my own dad a hug cause without him I wouldn't be here today working on these amazing mopars. Keep up the good work man pm if u ever need anything for it I have some parts for 67 darts laying around

Car is really coming along and looks great! Im building a cage now for my Dart and was planning to run my A-pillar bars exactly like yours, do you have any pics of them without the dash in? Also with a crossbar between them, can you still fit factory column and brake/clutch pedal box/bracket? I lost my dad in 1995, wasn't good then either. I try to do things that would make him smile and be proud as much as possible.

Hey thanks guys. Yea i miss my dad very much today as i did the first day. Hasnt gotten easier but i must keep going as i am his product and living on in his memory is and enjoying my life would be what he demanded. So i am gonna do just that. I hug my boys a little harder and a little longer. I kiss my wife more passionately and im kind to all i can be.

Trans got to be more expensive than i wanted in the end. So it killed an extra few grand out of my current budget. However it is indestructable now and should be flawless for quite some time.

As for the cage bars. I still have all my pedal box etc... in place witbout issues with the cross bar under the dash. However i cant put the stock cluster back in in any way. Ill see if i got any better pics somewhere.

Man i had s pick with the dash off but i cant find it. I lost a ton of pics this fall when my memory card got wiped clean. Ill have to tske the dash out sometime this spring so i could snap pics by then.

No biggie, I am ready to bend my front bars and have been kicking it around. The way yours is is the best front fitment I've seen yet on a Dart. It's hard to picture how the dash will fit without it in.

-
Back