67 dart stroker hellcat gen3 hemi with twin turbos...

-
turbofreek

turbohemidart

Re: 67 dart, 440, pt106 turbo build.
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 12:55:37 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
its amazing what 4 months of no luck can do for a build.
had the car on a fram machine and gotten that straitened out a few weeks ago.
so,
im not running a hemi as of now. got a nice thick saddle mained 76 440(4006630) block to start with today. going to look for some of those truck manifolds(hint hint) for it to flip around and connect to the turbo. im no longer such a prick to mopars guys anymore(sorry for that a while back). i realized it just takes a different outlook looking inwards to a new community. hope you guys can forgive a guy for being an asshole?

i debated long and hard about putting a chevy in this thing, but just could not swallow being like everyone else running a damn lsx engine out there. so i went with what i feel sounded the best to me. my first ever ride in a race car was a 440 powered duster called grandpas toy. scared the hell out of me, but i loved the sound of it. so if ive got to hear mine run it might aswell have that rumble to it right?

Flip Flop Flip Flop
As posted on another forum
Just having a little fun T-freak, good luck with your "like everyone else" build:-D:toothy10::-D
yea i flip flopped a few times. i had some issues with aquiring hemi stuff and got pissed. splurged on a 440 and found out its not strong enough to handle my intentions. so i backed up and thought about it long and hard. looking over rules for races and classes. and this is where it ended. with an lsx motor.

Got a bit of reality for you not 1000 hp turbo motor will cost a measly 7k. The LSX is 7k to start and I'll bet you the twins and plumping, plus the cam and new rods, headwork and misc that the whole motor (no trans) will cost 25-35K the hemi will not set you back 3x the cost. Maybe 1.5x more. Also the shear customization will run you 10-15% over original est, just because of the scale of this type of project. We don't get into hobby because it's cheap. JEez smoking cigs aren't cheap anymore? Going fast cost cash and a lot of it. Stopping fast isn't cheap either. Just remember go fast, stop quick!
I have yet to here the deck surface is so weak on the hemi motors. I will check when I am at SEMA and talk to the engineers at Mopar. Fords thin in the decks and I see lot oh turbos and the those measly little 7/16 head bolts. The key is not over boosting, but harnessing the power and keeping it the cylinder just long enough to make usable power. 20-25psi in a gas motor that you plan on running will blow quick. Gas motors in stock to mild form no matter what brand won't last. I love hearing about all this turbo talk on gas motors. My mild modified cummins run 30-40 psi. I haven't stretched any head bolts yet. If I upgraded a new turbo I could push 50 psi!!!!! Twins 80 psi!!!

thin in the head decks not the blocks. ive yet to see an aftermarket casting for the new gen hemi's. everyone whos made big power stops at a certain point due to pushing water. hence the deck issues.

and yes i can build a very nice lsx for 7k not 25k. dont assume it takes 25k to build any motor, cuz it dont. some hemi heads are the same cost as what i could build my engine for. it takes about 25-30k to build a great performing turbo car. but i guess you think you allready know that.:salut:

Not sure why everyone is being so damn A__hole-ish about this but I think cost should play a huge factor in your build! Your logic only makes sence! I agree, typically its nice to keep it in the family but hey!
I know if the government said NO MORE GAS ENGINES" I would be the first to oput a damn electric motor in my Valiant just to save my car! Its the style of the car I want not the damn motor so much!

Everybody is entitled to thier opinion but Jeez guys. Let the guy go on with his build thread!

On that note! Lets see some more pics!!! What are the plans for tire/wheel combo? Drive train? Anything trick? Is this going to be a track specific car or is it going to hit the streets on a normal basis as well?
Later man! Your car your build! Go for it!!!!!

I'm a new guy here so I don't want to pi$$ too many people off. I run another website and this has come up several times (Brand X body Brand Y power) and it never goes well. Unfortunately the car will never be accepted in either camp. The Chebby guys will not approve of the Mopar body and the Mopar crowd frowns at the Chevy powerplant. The Late model Hemi makes the power and the cost is similar to the brand X. I run one in my Dart, and on Nitrous Est Hp 800+.

662404838_3apyg-M.jpg

dart+engine.jpg

i know its just my opinion, and not everyone will agree. but its your car. and you need to enjoy it. no one else right? sometimes i get wierd looks with my slant six wagon with slicks. but i have to agree that the price to build a hemi is rediculous. sure i could build one. but for the same price i could build another car to enjoy. but oh well. to me hot rodding is about building something out of what you have, or what you want. not about how much money you spent on billet pulleys, what shop built your car for you, or even buying schumaker slant six to big block conversion motor mounts. its about busting your knuckles, making brackets, and cutting metal to make things work. and these are all things you are doing. and for this i look forward to watching your build. the engine choice is going to take some getting use to. but i will be open minded. keep the pictures comin and dont worry about everyone else.

personally its your car do what ever the hell you want to it set it on fire and drive it down a hill who cares at least its a mopar body whats the big deal get GET OVER IT! its been done before dont pick on the guy thats his choice and so be it. good luck with your buils turbofreak:cheers:

and i find that hysterical for some reason. if it was a nova it would have bolted in. brand loyalty is ridiculous. this is why your parts are so stupid expensive. they feed of your arrogance to pay for the name. im glad you like getting ripped off on parts, cuzi sure the hell dont.
Actually I look at this as "good-natured" baiting, but T/F the reason for prices being stupid expensive is that there is no where near the market for Mopars. Back when, brand preference was a result of what the mfr's put out into the market place. Then the circuses came to town and NHRA and Nascar wanted to level the playing field and started to handy-cap the Mopars. This did not create "arrogence" as you put it, but it did create a lot of resentment. The last post where you are looking for tubs kinda sums it up....don't get me wrong, as I am not much of a fabricator either and would be looking for pre fabbed tub's also, but if you search this site you will find all sorts of links where the members built their own. I'm sure your car will run like a banshee and look forward to this build....but...I heard a great one-liner from a forum member (C.B. don't want to plegerize...) but, "Back in the day I raced Chevy's to support my Mopar habit". Grasshopper - figure that one out, and you will start to understand the Mopar brethern here on FABO's.

Freek,
May I make a suggestion? Build what you want to build, and enjoy. There will be nay sayers here, but surely you realize that coming to a mopar site with an LS powerplant. You knew what response you would get. The mood over here is not as "aggressive " as other sites, and while you may get some grief from some, in general we are a more laid back group. Defend your direction all you need but consider your tone....
To those that do not agree with his build..... how about a bit of civility?
He is right, to build a new or old hemi to hte HP levels he is looking for is 2 - 3 times the $$, because the product is made for HEMI.

hey let the guy go if he want to take a mopar and build it into a SLOWPAR thats his choice

your going to have to buy or make your own tubs if you already chopped it up and threw away the parts. i dont think anyone makes direct fit tubs for anything. i could car less what motor you put in your car. i am always sceptical when people take on build like this. ususally they turn into a big money pit with mind changing along the way and evententually never get finished. anything fast is cool. so just build it and shut us all up.

hey let the guy go if he want to take a mopar and build it into a SLOWPAR thats his choice
when its done we can meet up and see whos faster for some change if you would like? i doubt many would be able to run with it without some massive amount of money in their mopars to even think about touching the et's im after. your 9-10, but probably 12 second car isnt going to cut it.

a little to add for an update.

i no longer am going to run an lsx in the car. i am searching for answers on the mounting situation for a new gen hemi on a /6 k member. i figure 6.1 heads and a nice rotating assembly with a good cam should do the trick of hitting 7's in the 1320. at least thats the hope. so my intentions are that to run a new gen hemi since its not all that popular to go bonzi with. its grown on me for sure and after searching for a 528 hemi this has been my decision. i think a nice 6.1 block a stroker kit and some port work should make this thing an absolute monster on the track.

the cars had somethings done to it. i installed front wilwood brakes and centeline split spoke wheels their new design. looks bad *** if you ask me, but i cant get a final say till the front sits down with a drivetrain in it. getting ready to have a 9" built for it in the next week or so. then get the tubbs done during that ordeal. going to just make my own sheet metal ones and go for broke.

hope you guys will like the new direction im headed. mopar mama should be able to sleep now that the blasphemy is over.hahaha

a little to add for an update.

i no longer am going to run an lsx in the car. i am searching for answers on the mounting situation for a new gen hemi on a /6 k member. i figure 6.1 heads and a nice rotating assembly with a good cam should do the trick of hitting 7's in the 1320. at least thats the hope. so my intentions are that to run a new gen hemi since its not all that popular to go bonzi with. its grown on me for sure and after searching for a 528 hemi this has been my decision. i think a nice 6.1 block a stroker kit and some port work should make this thing an absolute monster on the track.

the cars had somethings done to it. i installed front wilwood brakes and centeline split spoke wheels their new design. looks bad *** if you ask me, but i cant get a final say till the front sits down with a drivetrain in it. getting ready to have a 9" built for it in the next week or so. then get the tubbs done during that ordeal. going to just make my own sheet metal ones and go for broke.

hope you guys will like the new direction im headed. mopar mama should be able to sleep now that the blasphemy is over.hahaha

hey i've been looking at your proyect at theturboforums great site btw , what changed your mind about the lsx ? , for the "useless" valvetrain like you called it i think some one has came up with the solution :-D

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/..._hemi_valvetrain_and_head_upgrades/index.html

i hope it helps on your 3ghemi turbo proyect and im happy the blasphemy is over lol

hey i've been looking at your proyect at theturboforums great site btw , what changed your mind about the lsx ? , for the "useless" valvetrain like you called it i think some one has came up with the solution :-D

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/..._hemi_valvetrain_and_head_upgrades/index.html

i hope it helps on your 3ghemi turbo proyect and im happy the blasphemy is over lol
now if we could see some solid roller lifters for one we maybe in buisness, but stronger rockers are still needed for a decent price beside the big tags ive seen so far. i think harland sharp has came out with some, but ive yet to see them.

i decided i wanted a mopar long before the lsx travesty. i truly would like a big hemi, but i dont think the room is there for it and its been done allready. so a newgen with some 7's should be a new best for sure if i can be the first to do such a feat? only time will tell.

ive also ordered a 9" from strange for the car. jakes performance fabrication is going to make it fit. along with some 40 spline gun drilled axles to boot. one more mark off a very long *** list of parts.

well ive got the rear wheels and brakes for the car. rearends still not done as jakes been way busy with other customers getting their cars finished and running. should be this week though for him to get out and do some measuring for the length and what not. hes also going to see what it would take to build stronger leaf hangers and move them without much hassle.

just made an appointment to get the floor and tubs installed aswell once the rearends under to roll the car around. then ill order up some engine parts to get it ready for cage and turbo system fabrication. this should really take off by fall and hope to be out late springs or summer next year to hit the track if everything goes well and the money doesnt stop coming in(fingers crossed).

heres the car with the wheels under it for mock up and see if they would fit the stock leafs location. just presses up against the leaf so the .80 offset may work, but wont know for sure till the expert measures it for me.
IMG00426-20100625-1924.jpg

IMG00424-20100625-1923.jpg

IMG00438-20100627-1132.jpg

Solution...just paint "HEMI" across the valve covers and hand everyone a beer real quick before they get to the engine compartment and they may not even notice right away.

I've always been an advocate for "to each their own", and "Buy American" so he's still okay in my book.

Just hurts a little bit to see a chebbie motor in a Mopar.

Solution...just paint "HEMI" across the valve covers and hand everyone a beer real quick before they get to the engine compartment and they may not even notice right away.

I've always been an advocate for "to each their own", and "Buy American" so he's still okay in my book.

Just hurts a little bit to see a chebbie motor in a Mopar.
hey the chebby is ixnaid for the hemilade. im running hemi now now chebby trickery anymore. i decided(with the wifes support of course)to go with what i wanted all along, a hemi. so im accually shopping for an aluminum block now. indys max block is a nice piece, but dont know if its 2000hp+ nice. from what ive been reading they worked with keith black on there blocks so it should be sturdy.and at 4300 and change thats a hell of a buy fully machined besides finish honed cylinders all else is done. i should own one by july/august.:cheers:

Wow hard to believe its been a year I have not touched this car. Pretty sad now that I look at it that way. Still trying to find newgen hemi to /6 engine mounts for it. I can't even say I've looked. I'm pretty damn deflated about the whole thing. Don't even think the new floor would get me moving on it. Tough to believe, but I just don't have the motivation do anything to it. How pathetic is that?

awe man You gotta build it!!
Heres some inspiration for you. my build.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLAs_H51gSU"]YouTube - ‪2011 06 10 17 13 17 914‬‏[/ame]

awe man You gotta build it!!
Heres some inspiration for you. my build.

YouTube - ‪2011 06 10 17 13 17 914‬‏

called for the floor pan at mancini racing today. They are gonna call me back for a shipping quote and will order it Monday when they do. Then ill get that done by July. And hopefully have bought my hemi compete by then. To do the cage work and. Start hammer it all out. Maybe next year it will run? Just take time I dont have to build It.

-
Back