67 Dart windshield wipers not working

-

Airstream65

Reaction score
My 67 Dart wipers have quit working. I have 12v to switch, but not to motor as far as I can tell. The switch number is 282052523199.Any thoughts on where to start?

Sounds like you answered your question.

If it's not too hard pull the switch and check all pins to each other for continuity

They made both 2 speed and variable speed wipers that year. I recommend you get a wiring diagram for your year/model and run a test hot wire to the wiper motor to make sure it works before you start digging into the dash. If it works, then start testing the switch. If the motor doesn't work, first check to make sure the ground strap is good, tight, and not corroded.

Here is the 1967 Service Manual section for windshield wipers

GRP-08-PG-088.jpg

GRP-08-PG-089.jpg

GRP-08-PG-090.jpg

GRP-08-PG-091.jpg

GRP-08-PG-092.jpg

GRP-08-PG-093.jpg

Thank you so much, this helped! I tested the motor,it’s good.The switch seems to have problems on the “a” terminal. I took it apart and carefully cleaned contacts and used dialectric grease, but didnt help. Seems to have power into switch from grey(?) wire but nothing else is hot. Maybe the switch is bad?

Thank you so much, this helped! I tested the motor,it’s good.The switch seems to have problems on the “a” terminal. I took it apart and carefully cleaned contacts and used dialectric grease, but didnt help. Seems to have power into switch from grey(?) wire but nothing else is hot. Maybe the switch is bad?
Check the connections in the bulkhead connector and make sure they are not corroded and are clean.

-
Back