67 formula s

-

QKFSH67

Reaction score
Current project. 440-4speed-3.23suregrip

IMG_20161001_0315499_rewind.jpg

I bought this car in 1995 at the Mopar nationals in Indy, I was 14 years old,price was $2300. It was a decent driver that just had faded paint,your average dirty engine bay,273 with a mild cam someone had previously took to the drag strip often and played. Decent original interior(with console and still had the factory recall steering wheel in great shape) I just rebuilt the drum brakes and put new tires on at the time,when I turned 16 started whooping all the 350 Chevys around here. During high school I ended up building a 340 and putting that in the car, it would run a 13.5 on street tires. Senior year they voted me for best car for the yearbook. I have built several cars and always had this one on the back burner,cause I wanted it done right. I will get some more pictures of the underside,it looks as nice as the topside does ...this pictured air cleaner above is temporary, I have a dual snorkel 440 super commando that will be going on...

image.jpeg
Pull that 67 fish off the back burner and put all your other projects back there. I love all three fishes, 67-69, but 67 is my favorite. The deck lid trim, no side markers, Plymouth spelled out on the header panel of the grill. I went 340 six pack on my fish basically because I have five 340 blocks. I race a 65 valiant so stealing one of my race motors for my fish was a no brainier. I found mine in the desert of Southern California. Got it in 2012. I show you a pic, but yours is going to be nicer than mine

That's cool Dave, I had small bolt rallys on mine all these years,the rears had been widened to a 8 or 9 inch...

Nice! My 67 -S 383 Auto car is that very same color! My car is yet to be painted but seeing your car get me wanting to get 'er done now! Looking great!!

View attachment 1714975966 Pull that 67 fish off the back burner and put all your other projects back there. I love all three fishes, 67-69, but 67 is my favorite. The deck lid trim, no side markers, Plymouth spelled out on the header panel of the grill. I went 340 six pack on my fish basically because I have five 340 blocks. I race a 65 valiant so stealing one of my race motors for my fish was a no brainier. I found mine in the desert of Southern California. Got it in 2012. I show you a pic, but yours is going to be nicer than mine

If they would have put the CID on the hood inserts like 68 models then 67 would have been the cat's meow! Ma Mopar got it mixed up a tad!

1995 picture....I had the current engine running off a hotwire,and starter wire. Got my dash harness,and engine bay harness in last night,hit the key and I have nothing. No dash lights either,so that's on the agenda for today...

IMG_20161015_1239599_rewind.jpg

The parking brake cables that came with the right stuff rear disc kit would not work. Ended up ordering cables from classic industries for a MBM rear brake kit they worked...got the new tank in,ran the new gas line,rear brake lines are on...came across the receipt from 1995 when I had bought the car...Ben and Jean Rowland were the previous owners. I think they were from Indiana. Anyone know or knew them,it would kinda be neat to contact em again...

Getting there...Ran the car through stock wiring and gas tank today. Need to bleed brakes and add some gear lube, and will be ready to move under its own power...

IMG_20170129_2026295_rewind.jpg

-
Back