67 GTS Value

-

DentalDart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Car needs restored, haven’t seen it in person. Pictures of title and fender tag. 383 4 speed and supposed to be matching #’s

If truly no rust it’s a good base.

Haven’t seen many for sale so don’t know their values. No I don’t need this car if I didn’t buy my swinger I may have given this one a thought.

What’s a good deal for something like this?

9D4978E5-A568-49B6-8FCF-F2E06D2E2AFB.png

ADFB7004-AEF2-4070-B11E-6CCDB5B01A2E.png

B34B21B6-9CAA-474E-9CA3-7E6CE6916E40.png

FCA8D952-5847-431A-832F-FA149401D3C4.jpeg

670EFD5D-4027-4C10-AC22-B3483993619B.jpeg

Depending how rust free and how many pieces are missing $5,000-10,000

No such thing as "matching numbers" in 67, and only if you have the build sheet can you tie the body stamped "order numbers" to the VIN

Matching numbers? So it comes with the original engine and tranny? It has no glass in it, my main concern would be rust issues. That car needs a lot. Seats= not '67, what other original parts are missing? Depending on the answers, maybe $1000.

No such thing as "matching numbers" in 67, and only if you have the build sheet can you tie the body stamped "order numbers" to the VIN

guy is selling it for his brother. Said he believes the brother has the build sheet somewhere.

Matching numbers? So it comes with the original engine and tranny? It has no glass in it, my main concern would be rust issues. That car needs a lot. Seats= not '67, what other original parts are missing? Depending on the answers, maybe $1000.

Apparently it has original engine and trans. Glass is in the car, it’s shown in one of the pictures.

Definitely need the build sheet to tie the engine and trans to the body for numbers matching. If you don’t look on the drivers side engine mount, it should only have one ear.

Well you are partially correct...

Not numbers matching in the traditional sense but...

The hidden body numbers are stamped into the trans.

Because it is a 67 you can get the IBM card and it has the vin and the sequence number on it.

So you can tie the body to the vin to the trans. And if the engine is stamped with the correct date codes it is as numbers matching as it can be!

Well you are partially correct...

Not numbers matching in the traditional sense but...

The hidden body numbers are stamped into the trans.

Because it is a 67 you can get the IBM card and it has the vin and the sequence number on it.

So you can tie the body to the vin to the trans. And if the engine is stamped with the correct date codes it is as numbers matching as it can be!

Good to know that information. What is it, vin on the trunk rail and radiator support and sequence number on back of the block and bell housing?

A running 383 4-speed beater with all of the correct parts is worth 15-20k in a good color combo. I would think it is worth 7500-10k if it is complete. 67 headrest buckets are RARE. I wonder what it other options it was born with?

The only detractor for some folks would be that it is a 1967 model. The 68-69 cars typically bring good money.

It comes down to your passion for bringing it back to life and how bad you want to have a conversation about your "big block dart." The only reason to pay a high price tag for it is to bring it back to original unless the body is super nice and can save you money on metal for a resto-mod....

Me personally, I am not paying for than 1k. But it's worth more than that to everyone else other than me. I see a ton of work, parts chasing, and a labor of love. But it would be cool to see it restored. But in this case and in this era I don't see it moving from that spot for less than 4k.

If you do deal based on the "supposed" Buildsheet being found I would hold them to the fire and not make your deal if that's on the table as part of the sale. Because if you make the deal without it and exchange monies in most cases that is a broken promise of additional documentation and I have seen it happen more than one time....

JW

Good to know that information. What is it, vin on the trunk rail and radiator support and sequence number on back of the block and bell housing
67 and older to some point.

There is a number that goes as follows....

7 model year
2 Assembly plant
5 month
15 day
17300 sequence number

On the car:
On the trunk lip, the core support and the transmission the above number is stamped.
The VIN is on the door piller

The date and the sequence number are on the fender tag, the build sheet and on the IBM card.

The VIN is on the build sheet,the a piller and the IBM card.

The vin has the year and the assembly plant .

68 and later used the VIN or partial vin on the engine, trans, hidden body numbers etc.

So with a 67 and older car ( to some point ) a numbers matching car would have the fender tag, the build sheet or an IBM card, the trans with the stamp, the trunk rail and the core support. All with the matching numbers.

the engine I don't think has the seq number from above stamped in it.

the only thing that it has is a date stamp that should predate the car build date by a propper amount of time, week to weeks

if I have gotten anything wrong here please note it

i see tons of potential on both sides of the fence. could be a great base for a kick *** build or could be a project from hell that absorbs all of your free time, money, sanity and will to live.

too many "if it has" caveats to put a firm price but i'd say 5~7K would be a good starting place.

No glass, that's a guarantee.

If you sure the metal is that clean and it's not been hacked on that completely changes the value IMO..... You literally can't put a price on a clean original body....

If I owned this car with no rust or filler it would take 10k to change ownership. A good body is worth that much to me and this is coming from someone who absolutely detest the current pricing of the cars in the market. But a clean body is a game changer in a restoration!

JW

Make sure you know what you are getting into. While this car is a rare find, its NOT highly collectible. Or in other words, it ain’t no million dollar hemi cuda. Either you love it and just got to have it or forget it. In the end you’ll have more money in it than you can sell it for, it has equally rare parts on it. Big block-hemi radiator. Big block A body exhaust manifolds. Price those out, if you can find them. Then you need the skills to restore it or pay through the nose to get it done. Paint is 10k minimum. All this for a 40k trailer queen? One you will own forever cause you can’t sell it for a decent price?
And another thing, it’s a nose heavy and ill handling. Expect to be stomped on by every small block up to 100 mph.

Now if your not crazy like “that” let it go. It will find a crazy new owner. If you just got to have it, get a mopar specific appraiser that specializes in a bodies. Make sure you know what it is, what all there and missing. Its estimated current value.

Seats are 67. Headrests were a year-only option.

-
Back