67' Valiant 2-door

-
I/m getting ready to order the headliner but noticed that the headliner is installed onto teeth just behind the windshield and just in front of the rear window. What covers those teeth protruding out of the headliner? Can't find in the parts manual (on CD). Could someone pls advise.

Hey nice Val

Did you figure out the headliner yet?

If not yes it hooks onto the teeth in the front and back, and then after its tight and wrinkle free, you install your front and rear windshields and the rubber gaskets cover the teeth up.

AZMopar also has a stash of 67 parts too :). I think we both cornered the market on 67 Valiant parts lol.

Thanks for the explanation for the headliner teeth covered by the front and rear glass gaskets.
Been wondering since I got a nuckle scrap on them several years ago.

Replaced bad 7.25 rearend with a 1996 Jeep 8.25 with disc brakes. But rear was 2 inches wider. After 205/60R15 tires installed, the tire rubs inside lid. The rim is older Graeger SS with 4" backspace. Looks like I could use a rim with a 6" backspace but would more than likely have to have rim custom made.
I don't have the mechanical and ability to disassemble the rearend in order to have the rearend cut down and buy new axles. Got a quote of $250 labor and $250-$300 in parts. They don't disassemble or reassemble. One shop locally wants $95 per hour for disassembly and reassembly then put back under the car. That estimate for labor is around $500 to $700.
This process would give me a a body sized rear with new axles and bearings but original chunk 3.73 non-posi. I believe I could buy a complete rebuilt rear for all that.
What do you think?

Are you staying small bolt? I have seen loaded housings for $300-up in small bolt. Did you try seeing if a mustang wheel will work for you? They have a lot of rear spacing and not much to the outside and are 4.5 BP.

I have looked on craigslist for mustang wheels but not much so far. I'm going to a big car show in Tampa this Saturday specifically to talk to vendors about wheels. Pics of Jeep rearend. Need to stay with LBP on rear since I have LBP on front. Also the Jeep rear has 1310 style u-joint and driveshaft has 7260 style. Conversion u-joint no problem but driveshaft man wants to replacer drive shaft yoke to 1310 for ease of replacement eliminating the conversion u-joint. Make perfect sense to me.

Attachments

• Jeep rearend 01.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Jeep rearend02.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 2734.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 95
-
Back