67 Valiant Build - 5.7 or 440?

-

I had called MP about this they had no info YOU can buy one from Summit and check it out then return it for credit let us know what you discover and yes it only fires one plug the hemi fires one of compression then one on the downstroke unknown what you have to do about the plugs and/or coil pack

I've parted out better j/k :). I am parting out a 67 4dr if you need anything. I have been a 67-9 Valiant guy for the past 20 + years. It's funny,20 years ago everyone stuck their noses up at the Valiant & now it's a desired car. It's funny how things change. That looks like a 100 or 200 model (side trim). It looks like a pretty clean outter shell. How is the rest of it?

A 440 is going to make it very nose heavy and rear light which doesn't make the best of a steady driver but if your not going to drive it much it's ok. I'm not sure what a new hemi weighs to compare.

I've parted out better j/k :). I am parting out a 67 4dr if you need anything. I have been a 67-9 Valiant guy for the past 20 + years. It's funny,20 years ago everyone stuck their noses up at the Valiant & now it's a desired car. It's funny how things change. That looks like a 100 or 200 model (side trim). It looks like a pretty clean outter shell. How is the rest of it?

Its looking more like the Hemi now...lol I'm not really sure, I'm going to get the body squared away and then I'll focus more on the engine/transmission.

And I wouldn't doubt you've parted out nicer...lol This car was being parted out, I bought it whole. But for $250, who can really complain. Lol!

And I do need two parts in particular. I really need the filler panel between the grille and the bumper (with the marker lights). I just got a perfect one today off of a 69, but I didn't even pay attention to the lack of marker lights and that it doesn't have the raised part to meet the center of the grille :(

Also, I need a hood...but I'd rather not ship one. Lol. Just got a nice one of those off the same 69 today...also didn't realize they were different :/

But, body is decent. Behind the back window and the trunk drip rail is where its rough and so is my local donor car. But that car isn't as bad as mine...if your parts car is decent...that might be potential as well...lol

And its a Valiant Signet 100. Yellow, had the small slant 6, auto on the column. No A/C, no anything really. Does have a 3 speed wiper motor though. Lol. I plan on making it a radio delete, rubber mat, plain jane car. 15x7 and 15x8 steelies painted yellow, with one of these two powerplants, bench seat, and a 4 speed. :)

And if it has the Hemi...I'll probably drive it A LOT. Fuel mileage will be better than my Pace Truck. haha!

I'll attach you a pic of the trunk drain when I get back over there. I would pop the front and rear glass setup's out of that 69 and use them. The 67 & 8 hood is a 2 year only hood,69-72 same. The fillers are 67,68 & 69-72 specific. I'm keeping 1 as a spare but can part with turn signal assy's,a set of grills and bezels and center emblem. I didn't part the nicer cars by choice + they were 4 drs. They didn't make anything for 67-9 valiant's 20 years ago.

Also,they didn't make a Signet 100. It's either a Signet,100 or 200. The Signet's dash looked like this. The 100 & 200 were just painted

Attachments

• Picture 1810.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 62
Yes, I thought about the window trim, but is the glass also different?

And yes, I found that the hoods and that center piece were different once I got home with them :( I never did have a hood for it, so, I didn't really think about it. Haha.

But yes if you could post a picture that would be great. And I have turn signals, I mostly need the metal piece that goes across. I suppose I could cut the one I have and the one I just got and make one out of two, but, if someone had one, that'd be a little better.

Also, you are correct...it is a Valiant 100. The emblem is no longer on it, I can only see its "shadow" left in the paint. But the dash is a painted 67 dash with the same glove box as yours. If you have any spare gauge clusters...I don't have one of those either :/

I have four grille sets, two 67 and two 68. Against what everyone is going to want...I'm using the 68 grille as it is my favorite...though I'm thinking of taking the center piece and making a 67 center piece to work with the 68 grilles since that's the best of both worlds to me. Lol.

But please get back with me...you can pm me as well if you'd rather. And thank you.

Also...thanks for all the responses guys! Still a bit indecisive but I at least have some feedback for both avenues.

Also, I think the reasons for its increasing popularity is that all the other mopars are becoming un-obtainable so people are usin what they normally would not have, plus they're very light.

I like it because I like boxy cars. Lol. I have an 85 Omni GLH and an 84 e30. Lol

Actually,pm me your # I can hook ya up reasonably. I have a lot of spare stuff you can use. If your using the 68 grills you need to use the center and filler from a 68. I would take the glass,trim,clips and gaskets from that parts car if you can.

-
Back