'68 Barracuda Brake Caliper Question

-

sprinter6591

Reaction score
I'm posting pics of a remanufactured A1 Cardone #18-4406, which is supposed to be for a driver's side front. I'm also posting a pic of the caliper that was taken off the car's driver side front. They do not match. I'd appreciate any help in figuring out why they aren't the same. Thanks in advance for your help!

IMG_0238[2364].JPG

IMG_0237[2363].JPG

IMG_0236[2362].JPG

Look at the bleeder valve and follow over to the other end to see if a plug is in it?
If so switch the plug with the bleeder valve.

I just check on summit and looked at the caliper it does not look like you can swap them. Sorry about the reply.

The new one has a 'L' cast on it. Machined and/or assembled wrong? Just don't know. This wouldn't be the first time the aftermarket screwed up a part. Good luck

Thanks, everyone, for the response. We've actually purchased 3 calipers, one from a local auto parts store and the other 2 from an online site. They were all boxed 'wrong', it seems. We had come to that conclusion, but thought maybe someone had another idea that we were missing. At this point, we're just afraid to keep ordering the same part, since 2 different locations had the same issue with their product. Thanks, again, for the input!

-
Back