68' Dart paint schemes

-

Tacfire11

Strike Hard, Strike Deep
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to shoot color on the 68', and am trying to decide a great looking paint schemes. I was thinking about bumble strips across the back trunk lid, and rear quarters. However, before I settle, wanted to see if anyone has done anything different. The car has some great lines, and was curious if anyone has ever done any two tone paint schemes along the body lines. If anyone has any pictures, or any links that would be really cool too.

Thanks.

Pat

68 GTS had a stripe that ran down the sides as well as the bumble bee stripe. I believe Longgone's car has one on it.

TWO TONE I think you have watched Overhaulin' one to many times...LOL
I don't think Foose can paint a car one solid color.
Jim

Nice... :)

True, have watched an episode or two :). So what I was thinking of mixing a Royal Blue, with a black strip running down along the body lines, and then tying into the Bumble Bee strips across the rear deck. The Interior will be Black, and had thought about the Strip Kit, but can just as easily mask and shoot the black, then clear over. What do you think?

TWO TONE I think you have watched Overhaulin' one to many times...LOL
I don't think Foose can paint a car one solid color.
Jim

Nice... :)

True, have watched an episode or two :). So what I was thinking of mixing a Royal Blue, with a black strip running down along the body lines, and then tying into the Bumble Bee strips across the rear deck. The Interior will be Black, and had thought about the Strip Kit, but can just as easily mask and shoot the black, then clear over. What do you think?

I think both stripes might be too much

I like both Bumble bee and side stripe, just not together

I bought a stencel kit and had stripe painted on my car

If I were to custom paint a dart I would use at least 3 colors and pinstripe between colors

kind of like the Sox & Martin Cars in the 60's

MuseumDart.jpg

That's a great idea, I should go back to my older Car Mags more :). Is that your Dart in the picture? Nice :)...

That's a great idea, I should go back to my older Car Mags more :). Is that your Dart in the picture? Nice :)...

Yep, my car

I like the period look, if you custom paint, look at how they were done in the late 60's pick what you like.

My car has the look of someone that could afford to buy the car and put the mags and redlines on when new.

In 77 I ordered a new Aspen, had the mags and goodyears ready to go on and the 2nd day I owned it it got air shocks, Aluminum slots and Goodyear tires

Here's some pics of my old gts with the longitudinal stripes...

Love the color combo, rallye wheels, stripe, and dog. When you say "old" Dart , do you mean "the one I once owned"? I guess the car has been gone a while now? One thing I`ve noticed is almost every Dart with the horizontal stripe is an early build and comes with the grille center piece. Seems like they discontinued it after just a few months of production.???

-
Back