68 grill fit a 69 ???

-

cuda64

Reaction score
Will a 1968 Plymouth Barracuda grill fit a 69 Barracuda ??? I know the bars are different but i need something in there

If you change a bunch of stuff.

Different nose cone and different 67/68 hood to match the flat 67/68 nose. Also the 67/68 hood latch is different.

And I think the 69 fenders might not have provisions for the screws in the 67/68 Headlight bezels. I don't know if you can add them easily or you need to weld tabs or something.

If you change a bunch of stuff.

Different nose cone and different 67/68 hood to match the flat 67/68 nose. Also the 67/68 hood latch is different.

And I think the 69 fenders might not have provisions for the screws in the 67/68 Headlight bezels. I don't know if you can add them easily or you need to weld tabs or something.

He's correct on all accts. You must use a set of 69 Grilles for this Car...you'll be sorry if you don't. Lately, there has been a lot of great 69 Cuda Grille parts for sale on Ebay. Take the extra time to locate some...you have no idea the headache you will be saving yourself.

AND ABOVE ALL...DO NOT BUY THE REPRO 69 CUDA GRILLE PARTS. Hard to believe as it may sound: THEY ABSOLUTELY DO NOT FIT and CANNOT BE ALTERED TO FIT (trust me, now someone will post photos of how they made this Crap fit, WAIT FOR IT). :finga:

Hope this helps...69s are extremely Cool Cars. That rear finish panel, when done right...IS THE CAT'S MEOW.
:snakeman:

Attachments

• 69-cuda-FinPan2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 221
He's correct on all accts. You must use a set of 69 Grilles for this Car...you'll be sorry if you don't. Lately, there has been a lot of great 69 Cuda Grille parts for sale on Ebay. Take the extra time to locate some...you have no idea the headache you will be saving yourself.

AND ABOVE ALL...DO NOT BUY THE REPRO 69 CUDA GRILLE PARTS. Hard to believe as it may sound: THEY ABSOLUTELY DO NOT FIT and CANNOT BE ALTERED TO FIT (trust me, now someone will post photos of how they made this Crap fit, WAIT FOR IT). :finga:

Hope this helps...69s are extremely Cool Cars. That rear finish panel, when done right...IS THE CAT'S MEOW.
:snakeman:

hey , wouldn't the 67 center piece, along w/ the 67 top, and bottom strip, w/ red in between look a lot like the 69 ?:):)

Found an old, old picture of my '69 with a '67 hood, nose, and grille. It can be done with those three pieces. Was no big deal as I recall.

Attachments

• OldCudaPic2.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 148
  • OldCudaPic1.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 146
I'm a little late to the game here... Did you do the swap? -or- Do you have a set of '68 gills for sale?

I have a 69 RF fender on my 68. I think I left that corner screw out. IIRC there was no flange there to receive it. But that was 1999, a long time ago. The headlamp bucket gave me trouble too. But I made it work.
I tried to put 67 park-lamps into the 68 grills. That was a no-go. Nor would they go into 69 grills. Nor would 69s go into anything else. Every steenkeeng year was specific. :(

Ive got a pair of mint loose fenders one is 68 and one is 69 I can take pics of if need be to show the difference. But I think you know what ya gotta do.

Ive got a pair of mint loose fenders one is 68 and one is 69 I can take pics of if need be to show the difference. But I think you know what ya gotta do.
Steve,
Why not post the side by side if handy anyway?

Here's a decent pair of 8's I'll swap for a decent set of 9's..........

68CudaPair.jpg

Darn it, I thought that Global Warming, ............oops, (sorry to the pc correct)...Climate Change would have squelched that stuff. You can keep it up there!!

Disagree with ya Dave. On the point of the white s**t! Lol

Heres pics of nos 69 pass side and near mint 68 drivers side.
68 has different mounting area for headlight bucket.
69 has 2 L shaped tabs that 68 does not. I believe an easy fix.
The fenders would be the least of the issues if you went from 67 OR 68 to 69
. Header panel and hood would need to be swapped and adds to the $$ it would take.
Im a purist but you gotta do with what ya got.

20161027_182240.jpg

20161027_182540.jpg

20161027_182554.jpg

-
Back