69 340 swinger getting new start

-

bigsky4ever

Reaction score
Long time coming, for this old 69 swinger. My Dad purchased this car in California when he was stationed in San Diego when he was in the Navy.
My parents moved back to Montana and started a family, in 1974 they traded the Dart in for a Chevy wagon. After 33 years the car made its way back home, I slowly worked on the 2nd owner for over 10 years. To be continued.

just a coupple more

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 436
  • 2.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 465
  • 3.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 447
  • 4.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 451
  • 5.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 456
Anyone know of parts catalogs besides classic Industries and year one? Going to need tons of parts. Thanks

Love the car! Maybe put up a list of things you will need, I'm sure lots here on Fabo members could help out. Good luck with the build!

Anyone know of parts catalogs besides classic Industries and year one? Going to need tons of parts. Thanks

It's usually easy to find the parts places online. Use Bing or google, they'll come up easy enough!

Post 7,picture 4.That is Mopar Americana at it's best! That car is sweet! Welcome. Set that as my wallpaper,thanks.

T5 ? Auto ? Saddle interior ? Do you have original drivetrain ?......
Mine is T5 with Saddle interior .... Keep the interior color ... not many built with that combo...

rrvolare- T-5, Black interior, Auto, yes original drive train. The only thing I'm missing is the original wheels.

Cool car, mine was T5 black, with black top and stripe. Like the white though...

Wow there seems to be a bunch of T5 69 Swinger 340 column auto popping up.

ns1rm21, just bought this one last weekend. He owned it about 18 years ago and bought it back from the guy he sold it too. Not run in over 12 years. 66K original miles, Los Angeles assembly build car.

Has rust holes from fender and under 1/4 window drains being plugged and car sitting sloped parked on street curb for years.

Attachments

• 69Swinger4_1_12Pic34.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 352
Looks like a great project. Sure doesn't look very rusty to me.
What are your plans for the build?
Love the story behind it too!

Wow there seems to be a bunch of T5 69 Swinger 340 column auto popping up.

ns1rm21, just bought this one last weekend. He owned it about 18 years ago and bought it back from the guy he sold it too. Not run in over 12 years. 66K original miles, Los Angeles assembly build car.

Has rust holes from fender and under 1/4 window drains being plugged and car sitting sloped parked on street curb for years.

Nice find

Nice find

bigsky4ever, is your an LA plant "E" code built car?

ns1rm21's (Troy) Swinger is a LA built car. Big difference on those cars is the black type primer they used underneath the cars as opposed to the grey primer used at the other assembly plants.

-
Back