69 A56 '340 Cuda

-
This story gets better all the time....... Really touches the heart!

Good to be the middle son!

Some say nothing ever comes or is expected from the middle son . I say BS they are the best!
Amen, Gerald. I've been telling my block head brothers this for years. And when I say block head I mean a cracked block spewing fluid all over the pavement.

Amen, Gerald. I've been telling my block head brothers this for years. And when I say block head I mean a cracked block spewing fluid all over the pavement.

Keep working on them!

Maybe the car will reunite your family in ways you could never imagine thanks to you and your fathers desire and BB-Daves gesture!

Keep working on them!

Maybe the car will reunite your family in ways you could never imagine thanks to you and your fathers desire and BB-Daves gesture!

My brothers and I give each other a lot of grief but :poke: all in good fun. They may show up in this thread and hammer me soon enough. :violent1: But, I agree that BB Dave has really done something awesome here.

CJPHD-Carter, glad to hear from a family member and learn more history and how happy you ALL are!!!
I can never understand a guy that has say a #'s matching motor for some one's car but won't sell it to them???? Or for instance i have a "good" '70 car that is a one owner. I tracked him down and met him many years ago at a show. He has some original paperwork for the car but is unwilling to even sell it to me to keep it with the car? He says the paperwork is sentimental to him?....Luckily he was willing to give me copies though.

I'm sure your Dad won't need any prodding to get the car running/driving again. He's already going full throttle on it! You guys keep me updated, maybe i'll make it out that way someday! Dave

I just transferred title today. I have never had a "vanity" plate before so I ordered one. It will say A56340. For an extra $25 bucks, I thought what the heck!

Pa karp

The A56 340 will be blue lettering. The back ground shows the 4 faces under a blue sky line. South Dakota is in red in the blue sky back ground.

At the bottom is says Great Faces. Great Places. It should look nice!

Pa karp

What a heart warming story, I am so happy the car came back home! Thank you Dave for making this happen, you did a wonderful thing!!!!

Everything that has been done and come to pass with this project is very much appreciated! It has been very neat to walk into my garage and see that car again.

Going to be interesting to see what it runs at the drag strip next summer! Going to be interesting to see if I can still "row" the gears! lol

Pa karp:D

This thread is the most awesome thing I've ever read. BB Dave, you got thanks coming your way for your act of unselfish generosity, and Pa Karp, you too for your persistence and telling this incredible tale!

Subscribed!

Title came today, who would have thought that I would see my name on the title the 2nd time after 44 years.....

Curt Rees:D

Attachments

• Cuda Side Photo 2 101420130001.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 363
Way to go Curt!!! It's OFFICIAL now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That really is a great story. Curt like Dave said ,just enjoy the car.Don't go overboard with it . I tip my hat to you Dave. Your a good guy . I would have have done the same thing..

What a fantastic story! I'm so happy for Pa Karp and for Dave for what he's done.

Really good read.
there's a similar style of story over on cuda-challenger.com about a bloke who found his father's T/A in Japan of all places and bought it back.

What a great story. BB Dave you did a great thing here that will reward you for years to come. Welcome Curt and look forward to seeing more about your car.

Cool story. Wow. So cool that you found it, and that Dave was the right type of guy to let it go. Congrats Curt! This place is full of good people...

Joe

I am very appreciative of BB-Dave deciding to sell me my original purchased A56! It is kind like the loss of your 1st love and wondering what could have been and never knowing! BUT, the love, through fate, is rekindled many years down the road.

Probably not a real good analogy, but the "1st love" has come home! And we have been very busy bring her back to road worthy. Maybe by Christmas, if everything goes well. If not, this summer is fine.

Curt Rees:burnout:

Engine build is done! I am picking it up this weekend and hope to have it in the engine bay by Sunday night. The trans just needs to be put back together, probably next week and then in it goes.

Next step is to move the car to our shop and finish the rest of drive train. It is probably going to take longer to find the correct nuts and bolts then to actually put things back together!

The 340 will rock again after 20 plus years or more! Exciting times ahead.

Engine build is done! I am picking it up this weekend and hope to have it in the engine bay by Sunday night. The trans just needs to be put back together, probably next week and then in it goes.

Next step is to move the car to our shop and finish the rest of drive train. It is probably going to take longer to find the correct nuts and bolts then to actually put things back together!

The 340 will rock again after 20 plus years or more! Exciting times ahead.

That's awesome!

Engine and transmission are in the 'Cuda. Need 3/4th gear shift rod, probably get from Brewers. Drive shaft gets new u joints on Monday. Sold the race car, so may do a complete paint job, will decide soon on that. Camera died, so can't post photos. Cell phone won't resize or I would post photos from that. Need spring time!

Curt Rees

-
Back