69 and 71 340 Blocks

-

superbird6bbl

Reaction score
I hope that this is the right place to ask this question. I just became the owner of a 1969 and a 1971 340 blocks. they are both bare with Main caps and since I sold my Dart I don't have a use for them. Can anyone tell me a round figure for each of them that I should ask?

I hope that this is the right place to ask this question. I just became the owner of a 1969 and a 1971 340 blocks. they are both bare with Main caps and since I sold my Dart I don't have a use for them. Can anyone tell me a round figure for each of them that I should ask?
It depends on what shape they are in. $500 each if they are good. May be more, may be less. Get the numbers off them and post them in lost in found in case there's a car they belong in.

Bore size and bore condition make a big difference on price!! You'd also need to magnaflux them to make sure they're not cracked before selling??

Bore size and crack test will influence the value. 60 over, not so valuable. Cracked, depends on how bad and where.
100_3985.JPG

Anything over .030 over will hurt the value a lot. Drop a bore gauge in there and figure out what you have. You cant put a value on a block of unknown condition.

definitely from a 72 car, duster was my model guess based on production vins.
Thank you. If no one on here claims them I am going to have them cleaned up, checked out and put them up for sale. I also came into possession of two 741's and a 489 chunks along with some doors and decklids. I will get pictures of them and put them up for sale also.

-
Back