69 Barracuda Convertible Father & Son Projects

-

Armchairracer

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

My son John and I have started a Father Son a couple of months ago.

John was home one weekend and he told me that we needed a project to work on together. I told him that i knew of a 69 Barracuda Convertible that has been sitting in a garage for about 10 to 12 years. I took him to where the ar was but being it was Sunday we would not knock on any doors that day.

I went back a couple of days later and asked if the car was for sale and took some pics and sent them off to John.

The email was answered right away as will as a phone call to look into buying the car. With to help of a couple of friends to see if the car was worth restoring we bought it and now it has a new home.

The first thing to do was get the interior our as well as the carpet and when the carpet came out the floor and trunk were like the day it was built this was an added plus.

The next thing was to get the sleeping 12 year engine back to life and with a lot of coxing the slant 6 engine runs again.

We have now removed the both front fenders bumpers and grill assemblies

We will now take the bumpers to see if they can have the small dings straightened out and re-chromed.

Will try to get some pics on as well

Attachments

• DSCN0728.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 811
  • DSCN1767.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 802
  • DSCN1765.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 799
  • DSCN1758.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 827
  • DSCN1757.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 794
  • DSCN1197.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 800
  • DSCN1077.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 801
  • DSCN1028.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 806
  • DSCN1023.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 801
  • DSCN0741.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 794
Hello Armchairrer
Very nice to see that you are doing this with your son!
The 69 convertible is the rarest of the 2nd gen barracudas.
Take your time and enjoy. I have a 69 front signal light that
is very very if not mint you can have, just pay shipping. As
long as you can use it, not sure if it is left or right.
My wife and I have a 67 vert that we have been working
on for 6 years now. I find if I start to cut corners that I have
walk away for a week or two.
Pm me if you can use the signal light, it is just sitting here collecting
dust
Darryl

Post the pictures at 640x480 pixels I use paint shop pro to re-size.
Hope this helps.

Hi Monook,

Our Cuda doesn,t have fender signal lights. Thanks anyway. I shrunk the pic way too small I will try to resize and repost them.

Kewl..... I can see now. Looks like it is all there and especially those impossible to find grilles. I have a 68 convertible if I ever get it done.

We hope it be a good to work on it together even if we are 4 hours apart so guess who travels home to work on it but not as often as he would like

We will have lots of fun anyway

Very unusual for a convertible to have solid floors like that. Bet that frame is really nice too. Cool project.

There are 2 small pieces of frame that need to be addressed, left rear shackle box and about 10 inch's of cross frame under drivers seat everything else is just like the day it was built

Hi Monook,

Our Cuda doesn,t have fender signal lights. Thanks anyway. I shrunk the pic way too small I will try to resize and repost them.
Not Fender but front signal light, you have two of them.
Here are two pictures.
You and your sons car is in way better shape than ours.
But we are coming along. Let me know if you are interested.
Darryl and Lynn

Here is the pictures.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 708
  • 008.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 696
Hi I am working on a 68 Barracuda convertible with my daughters. I wish our car was as rust free as yours. Keep us posted on your progress.

Hi Monook

Our s ignal lights are good one of the lens has a small crack. I just finished cleaning them both and have put new amber bulbs in them. What should i do with the main bodies of the signal lights should they be painted or just leave them natural.

Hi. Good to see pics of your car, it looks to be really solid. Do you still need fenders? I haven't seen any but I'll keep looking if you still need some. Bobby

Hi Monook

Our s ignal lights are good one of the lens has a small crack. I just finished cleaning them both and have put new amber bulbs in them. What should i do with the main bodies of the signal lights should they be painted or just leave them natural.
Are Talking the back side? I would leave them natural and clean with
mineral spirits(paint thinner). If it still looks messy use lacquer thinners,
but a damp rag and be very careful as not to get any on the
lenses as it will eat the plastic
Better to take apart for this.
Hope this helps
Darryl

Hello Armchairacer
There were (I believe) 4228 1967 verts and 68 about half ,Then the 69s
Only 973 were produced . You have one rare fish there and is in very
solid shape. Have fun, it is well worth it at the end.
You and your son will love it!
Darryl

Looks like a great project!!! Do you have the fender tag? What are the original colors?

-
Back