69 Barracuda Convertible Father & Son Projects

-
Cool, cant wait to see some more. Me and my dad have been restoring a car for 8 years now. It got stressfull at times but its been a lot of fun. Hope you and your son dont bump heads like me and my dad and good luck on the build.

Steven, which red, R4 or R6? Top and interior originally white?

Hi Dave

The color is R4 and the interior is white with black carpet and the outline of the doors top and bottom is black.

It has a white roof and had a black boot but I think it will be White when the time comes to put it back together

Steven

We now have 2 front fenders they were delivered to my friend who is down to the Nascar Cup race in New Hampshire. They will be back home on Tuesday. Thanks to Joe in Hartford for having them sent up to me and my friend Joe for taking them home for me. It is one big hurtle that we had for our Cuda.

Thanks Everyone John & Steven

Glad ya found some fenders! They are getting hard to find, but you can make mods so 67-9 will work. Looks like a good solid project! I own a 69 cuda vert as well, so if you have any questions, fire away, there are some differences. Good luck!!

Your fenders are as bad as mine were, Except they cut the front of the wheel wells out of mine to run big tires so they wouldnt rub. Mine are 68's converted to 69's.

Attachments

• 100_0273 (600 x 400).jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 370

Hey Steve, mine aint so pretty right now, $$-flow sucks bigtime right now, so it is in body shop jail. It is taking forever, but it is a 340 4 spd "S" ragtop, very very few of these left.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=85673

Then there is dads 67 "S" we picked up in February, it's pretty much done, it just needs a few minor things tweaked on it.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=178255

I havent updated our resto threads very much, but like I said fire up the questions, we also have a convertible forum here for very specific questions.

Keep up the great work!

Ordered new inner fenders, battery box, convertible roof latches, gas tank and some other parts from classic industries yesterday

Ordered sub frame connectors, torque box set for US Car Tool today.

Now that we have front fenders its time to start work on the restoration

Will be working on stiffing the under body first big project

John picked up parts in Houlton last weekend and I will be taking them home to Nova Scotia today. Also found a set of original six cylinder spark plug wires. They were in Nova Scotia and were picked up about 3 weeks ago,

Spring is here on the calendar, the warmer weather is just around the corner we hope.
Almost time to pull the Barracuda out of the back corner of the garage and start working on it again. It has been a long winter we have gathered up some more parts now its time to get at it. All the best to everyone with their projects this year.

nice car I'm working on a 68 vert and I got my son working on a 67 fastback
lot of good times ahead with my son building cudas. Good luck and enjoy.

Greetings from Moncton. I like your car! It must be a blast to work on it with your son. I have two girls so I never had that chance.

Greetings from Moncton. I like your car! It must be a blast to work on it with your son. I have two girls so I never had that chance.

Hey Dartman...you should ask them..you may be surprised...my daughter is wrenching beside my son on their car.

My bud is building a 68 camero vert with his daughter..

Grassy

Looking forward to it seeing the restoration as you go, Good luck and have fun!

Thanks everyone I will be posting pics after we get it dug out off the corner and start working on it again. Best of luck on your projects as well

Picked up the steel today to build the rotisserie, will be putting it together this weekend.
My son is coming home next weekend and we are taking the engine & trans out and will be putting the car on the rotisserie. will have more pictures in a week or so.

-
Back