69 Barracuda in Sunny South Africa

-

Scar

'69 Barracuda
Reaction score
Hi All

I have recently bought a 69 Cuda (fastback as you call it in the States, we never got the booted version or notchback here in SA to my knowledge) in good original condition that I have got big plans for it in time. Arrived in Johannesburg after being trucked up from Cape Town this week. First step is to get it roadworthy and registered in my name. First problem seems to be insurance, my current insurance company dont want to cover it!

Attachments

• 69 Barracuda.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 899
Welcome to FABO, nice car, rare to boot!! How about more pics of that right hand drive beauty!!

Welcome from Arkansas:glasses7:
It's so great to see so many different countries jump on board with us.
Good luck on getting it one the road, and looking forward to seeing more post's from you on that cool right hand drive Barracuda :coffee2:

Welcome to the FABO family!!!​

I would love to see some additional pictures of your car. Right hand drives alway excite me.

There is part of my old mattress company in Johannesburg. When I put the equipment up for sale a gentleman walked in the door with a briefcase full of money. I didn't get anywhere near close to all that cash he had but I tried. We made a deal so I hauled it to Texas where he could export it.

Welcome to FABO!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Looking forward to seeing more pictures - We love pictures!

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• DSC06602.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 475
Welcome! that is a very cool car. post more pics pleeeease

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. We have a very limited group of enthusiasts here in SA, and its nice to be able to tap into knowledge and experience from around the world through Forums such as this.

The car currently has the slant 6 motor, 3.7l I believe, but I would love to put a 5.7 or 6.1 hemi in when the time comes. They are available here in the 300c Chrysler and Jeeps, so hope to find a motor, gearbox and diff from a wrecked one. First steps will be the body though, not really a fan of the two tone...maybe a nice bright cuda green?

I will post more pics soon.

Welcome aboard!

Do you know Fanie Gerber over in Pretoria? He's got a Fastback and is part of the Chrysler and Valiant owners club.

That's the first right hand drive Cuda I have seen. Let's see more pictures.

Welcome! I bet, being in Africa, you don't have any problems with rust damage.

Welcome Scar.
You say it original condition and its right hook, is that to say you South African got these beautifull machines with factory RHD?

The roof is painted, not vinyl, and yes we got these as stock RHDs in SA back in the day. Some more pics:

Attachments

• 007 resized.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 365
  • 008 resized.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 364
  • 013 resized.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 364
  • 019 resized.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 363
  • 020 resized.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 371
I'm a week late but welcome to FABO from sunny SoCal. You're going to have fun here.
Like others have said, this is the first RHD Barracuda I've seen. I know it all depends on what you grew up with and are used to, but I just can't get over how unusual it seems to shift with your left hand and see nothing in front of the left side front seat.
Please post more pics as you progress with your build.

-
Back