69 Barracuda Restoration.

-
This is my steering wheel I restored, It was all cracked to hell but with my trusty Fusor products you can fix anything.

Attachments

• 000_1083 (600 x 400).jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 519
  • 000_1086 (600 x 400).jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 532
I'll have the rear wheels and trans cross member back to you on Monday. Now all you need is the rear end to get the car on the ground.

no shortcuts on this build....great attention to detail....definately a keeper!!!

did this have a rollbar at one time?...or was that another build on this thread?

no shortcuts on this build....great attention to detail....definately a keeper!!!

did this have a rollbar at one time?...or was that another build on this thread?
Must be another build tread, This never had a rollbar in it.

Do you have the fender tag? Was it an original Formula S car? What are the plans for the engine?

Do you have the fender tag? Was it an original Formula S car? What are the plans for the engine?
I have the fender tag, I have to have a new one made it has holes in it. The engine is a stock 340 rebuild with a hotter cam, 30 over.

This is my steering wheel I restored, It was all cracked to hell but with my trusty Fusor products you can fix anything.

Ok, don't hold out on us here.............any before shots? How did you restore it? The end result looks great. More, more, more =D>=D>

Ok, don't hold out on us here.............any before shots? How did you restore it? The end result looks great. More, more, more =D>=D>
Well, me like a dumbass never took a before picture. I sand blasted the wheel and repaired it with Fusor ridged bumper repair. The crack where split far enough I could slide a finger in them.

How did you finish it then after you got the bumper repair stuff in there? The final product looks really good, like I said earlier. Did you paint it? Base coat/clear coat? Awesome work, man! L8r

Jim

How did you finish it then after you got the bumper repair stuff in there? The final product looks really good, like I said earlier. Did you paint it? Base coat/clear coat? Awesome work, man! L8r

Jim
I did the repair work then when it was done I epoxy primed the whole wheel let it dry. Then I put 3 coats of 2k primer on the wheel its self not the spokes and sanded it smooth. The spokes are not cleared only color and the wheel is basecoat clearcoat.

Just wondering when you put the front clip on, did the new clip rails go all the way back to the cross member? Or sectioned in before the cross member?

Just wondering when you put the front clip on, did the new clip rails go all the way back to the cross member? Or sectioned in before the cross member?
The new rails went all the way to the torsion bar cross member. Everything lined up where the original was.

-
Back