69 cud 383 4spd

-

cawley

383 Bcuda
Reaction score
Got the left inner fender in & the left top of the frame where the upper control arm bolts on. Got the engine bay sanded primed, cleaned & painted. Also sandblasted the k frame then primed & painted. Put full factory quarters on both side ( put pics on later ) Now on to the doors.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 616
  • 002.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 626
  • 003.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 588
Is this Cuda a fastback or a notch? We're practically neighbors. I live in Neffsville. Would love to see more pics.

Is this Cuda a fastback or a notch? We're practically neighbors. I live in Neffsville. Would love to see more pics.
Fast back, if you get mopar muscle magazine my car is in the June issue, in hidden treasures article. Im gona put more pics on when I get more done. Things are gona go alittle slow on it, im off work right now. Im gona have back surgery. Have a good one

Got the left inner fender in & the left top of the frame where the upper control arm bolts on. Got the engine bay sanded primed, cleaned & painted. Also sandblasted the k frame then primed & painted. Put full factory quarters on both side ( put pics on later ) Now on to the doors.
Got the heater box cleaned up & installed. Painted the dash, installed the wiring & the dash its self. Got some of the under the hood wiring in, the horns, steering box, the sway bar, all the e brake cables, & the speedo cable. Cleaned up & painted the steering column.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 538
  • 003.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 528
  • 002.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 521
  • 001.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 523
Looking great. Best of wishes that your project keeps progressing!!

Hi, Looking great!
I have a 69 383 4 speed fastback, Y4 Gold. Is your car the same color?
I am in the process of re-doing top to bottom!
I am always curious to see a similar car, sure cannot be many Gold ones?
Looking forward to more pictures! I would be curious as to the options on your car...I wonder how close the two cars came down the line.

Fast back, if you get mopar muscle magazine my car is in the June issue, in hidden treasures article. Im gona put more pics on when I get more done. Things are gona go alittle slow on it, im off work right now. Im gona have back surgery. Have a good one

Got the mag, good article!

Car is coming along nicely! Doesnt look like surgery is slowing you down at all!

Nice looking work. !! I had back surgery in 2008 best thing that I ever did. Looking forward to your car progress reports as well as your back surgery recovery.
Luke in Cali

Got the heater box cleaned up & installed. Painted the dash, installed the wiring & the dash its self. Got some of the under the hood wiring in, the horns, steering box, the sway bar, all the e brake cables, & the speedo cable. Cleaned up & painted the steering column.
Well I got the word today, no surgery at least not yet. " im to young" they are gona try a couple of other options before surgery. Trying to do what I can without being to medicated LOL Stay tuned ! & thanks everyone

Good luck with that back thing. Been through that to much myself!

Funny how all these 383S cars seem to be popping up all the sudden and lots of 4 speed cars.

Cool car and looks like excellent work so far. Best wishes your back gets better....

1969383 Funny how all these 383S cars seem to be popping up all the sudden and lots of 4 speed cars.[/QUOTE said:
This site is bringing out the best!!! LOL

Got the upper control arms cleaned up, painted, new ball joints installed & put on the car. Then cleaned up the rear housing, painted & the center section installed. Cleaned the backing plates & painted them. I have bbp disk brake spindles w/ new ball joints on the way. Now all I have to do is come up with the money for new axles. I had the housing narrowed 1 1/2 from each side. ( it is not the original housing that I narrowed ) Ill keep you all posted.

Attachments

• SDC11918.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 360
  • SDC11919.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 369
  • SDC11920.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 355
  • SDC11921.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 379
Nice!
Ya, I am also impressed with the number of 383 S cars...4 speeds as well!
That means this is a popular site being that it has members with such rarities :)

Can u check your upper A arms....do they have a extra welded on piece of like angle iron about 2-3" long? This would be on the underside. Thanks, Dave

Bummer, I thought I had the only 383-S four speed out there... LOL

Can u check your upper A arms....do they have a extra welded on piece of like angle iron about 2-3" long? This would be on the underside. Thanks, Dave
The ones on the car are not the originals. Im changing the car to big bolt pattern. Ill take a look at the ones the car came with. My cuda came with the 4 piston brakes. Ill get back to ya.

-
Back