69 Cuda FB InteriorDecorating

-

Treblig

Reaction score
Simply throwing out some interior ideas for other Barracuda owners. I bought the car with the factory dark green interior and I decided to jazz it up a little. The yellow really makes it POP!! Built the rear headrest and rear shoulder harness seat belt stuff and center console armrest myself. I really love my front headrests!!!!

Treblig

Attachments

• DSC04124.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 163
  • DSC04125.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 158
  • DSC04127.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC04128.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 153
  • DSC04129.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC04122.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 161
Sorry doesn't do it for me. I see you got that 70 vibe with high jackers and rear tires sticking out side wheel well. But nice Cuda

Sorry doesn't do it for me. I see you got that 70 vibe with high jackers and rear tires sticking out side wheel well. But nice Cuda

Actually I was shooting for the late 60 vibe, but 70s is close enough. I knew that some members wouldn't like the stance but I'm not quite finished yet. I should get a delivery this week on some fully adjustable UCAs so I can raise the front an inch or inch and a half then it will be where I want it. I'm going for the "spider ready to leap" look. I plan on getting beat up a little for having it jacked up but you should hear all the compliments when I'm cruising down the street. Most everybody remembers the 60s (at least those of us who are still alive LOL!!!!

Treblig

Thanks to all!! It's a very nice car and I really enjoy it. I have most of the parts for the 390 stroker I plan to built but it's still quite a few months away. I really hate to pull out the perfectly good low mileage engine that has been very dependable. But the power has to match the looks!!
I removed the trunk trim to get it redone and now I have to reinstall it. I also have two new bumpers ready to install along with new door handles. One day it should look really nice!!

Treblig

Attachments

• DSC04120.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC04121.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC04126.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 127
Its definitely different, As long as your happy with it that is what matters. Its for sure a different look and different is good!

It is bright... Nice detail work.

What is important is that you like it and are proud!

Stance is high, but I think a tad higher is good. These cars unless tubbed out, look better with some rake. Mine certainly is raised up some but just enough for some clearance. Why do you want to raise the front up?? Seems it will effect drivabilty to much.

I am in the process of removing right rear inner and outer wheel well due to crash damage Tempting to minni tub it but the have to do something with the rear seat. Have to decide how big a tire to run

Nice job Treblig! My b5 blue and white had a similar look, I sure miss her.

Thanks for sharing.

Simply throwing out some interior ideas for other Barracuda owners. I bought the car with the factory dark green interior and I decided to jazz it up a little. The yellow really makes it POP!! Built the rear headrest and rear shoulder harness seat belt stuff and center console armrest myself. I really love my front headrests!!!!

Treblig

The interior is very nice. A little much for me, but nice!

As far as the stance, and I think I know the look you're going for.....Get it up for sure.

I like it, it's damn different. A little aggressive for the 60's drag stuff,looks good as an updated version of the show car/street freak, of the late 60's/early 70's. I would keep the tires, more inboard.....

It is bright... Nice detail work.

What is important is that you like it and are proud!

Stance is high, but I think a tad higher is good. These cars unless tubbed out, look better with some rake. Mine certainly is raised up some but just enough for some clearance. Why do you want to raise the front up?? Seems it will effect drivabilty to much.

When I raised the back it transferred more weight to the front making the front too low. It has a little too much rake for me. I do have front and rear sway bars. If I raise the front a little it should actually help the driveability because it won't be as front heavy. Even if I tubbed it I would want the rear a little higher than stock,, it's just a picture I have in my head from the 60s.

treblig

I like it, it's damn different. A little aggressive for the 60's drag stuff,looks good as an updated version of the show car/street freak, of the late 60's/early 70's. I would keep the tires, more inboard.....

I could have easily tubbed it but the body is so nice and original, it only had 56K original miles on it when I bought it!! I hated messing with the body and maybe devaluing it as well. "Street Freak"....I like that name, it fits!!!!

Thanks,
Treblig

-
Back