69 Dart GT trim fasteners?

-

halfafish

Damn those rabbits, and their holes!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
When I got my Dart, all the side trim that follows the upper body line was loose from the car. I don't like the trim and am selling it to a guy in France. He is asking how it is attached to the car, but I have no idea - the clips were not to be found with the "stuff" in the car. Does anyone have a photo to share or a source for these clips? I looked at Classic and Year One but came up empty handed.

not to be a wise _ss but try Layson's 1st there web site it not to friendly CALL THEM
laysons1.jpg

Welcome to Restoration Specialties - A first class restoration depends on quality products

Detroit Muscle Technologies, LLC Mopar & AMC muscle car restoration gaskets

and believe it or not NAPA has a large assortment of oem clips (ask to see their "CLIP" board)
12 pc door body moulding trim clips for 1/2" - 5/8" mldg zinc fl nut fits dodge | eBay
NOS 1969 Dodge Dart GT Body Upper Belt Side Molding Moulding Trim Clips 20pcs B | eBay

Last edited:
I have a whole bag of NOS ones for my car. Let me dig them out for some pictures and part numbers.

Part number is 6002696. Has the rectangle piece, a small plastic stud, and a small o-ring.

20201021_004521.jpg

20201021_004526.jpg

20201021_004536.jpg

@jazak5 many thanks. I think your last link is the critter we're looking for.

@Turbo440Dart would you be so kind as to check your clips against this ebay item? It would help out the guy in France a whole lot. If they look right I'll work with him to get the clips and include them with his trim.

NOS 1969 Dodge Dart GT Body Upper Belt Side Molding Moulding Trim Clips 20pcs B | eBay

@jazak5 many thanks. I think your last link is the critter we're looking for.

@Turbo440Dart would you be so kind as to check your clips against this ebay item? It would help out the guy in France a whole lot. If they look right I'll work with him to get the clips and include them with his trim.

Ill do some measuring after work tonight and let you know. I know when I looked for the correct ones it took a month or so of searching, the ebay ones look close.

@halfafish

I'm going to have to say they're incorrect in my opinion. I took a few measurements and will let you compare them to the measurements in the ebay ad. Like previously stated, the factory part number is 6002696 which should help you or the trim buyer track them down, but it will be a tough search. I went through countless sellers claiming to have them, only to be issued refunds later on. I can assure you Brad's NOS parts won't have them as I bought every one he had in stock.

20201022_000536.jpg

20201022_000602.jpg

20201022_000640.jpg

Many thanks sir, I will steer the buyer in the right direction to find the correct clips.

@Turbo440Dart

Hi, i'm the French dude lookin for those fasteners and as you said, they are quiet difficult to find.... do you have just enough for your car or would you have some spare i could buy or, do you know of any other place i could get them from?
And btw, how many fasteners are requiered for both side?

Thank you

@Turbo440Dart

Hi, i'm the French dude lookin for those fasteners and as you said, they are quiet difficult to find.... do you have just enough for your car or would you have some spare i could buy or, do you know of any other place i could get them from?
And btw, how many fasteners are requiered for both side?

Thank you

I do believe it takes 40 of the plastic clips to do a whole car but its been about 14 years since I took the trim off my car. From old photos that was the rough count. My front fenders were changed along the way so I do not have an accurate count since I dont have holes in them. I do recall the end hole on the front and rear of the car take a metal spring clip with a nut. I just haven't narrowed down the size of it yet.

I'm not aware of anyone currently selling any of the clips. Im looking into possibly having some 3d printed.

Id suppose you can give Brads NOS parts a call. When I spoke with them I ordered what was supposed to be all of them but it still gives the option to buy them. Id call or email them and see if they happened to find more. Just make sure to give them the factory part number for the clips.

Id suppose you can give Brads NOS parts a call. When I spoke with them I ordered what was supposed to be all of them but it still gives the option to buy them. Id call or email them and see if they happened to find more. Just make sure to give them the factory part number for the clips.

Well they're supposed to let me know about their stocks and availabillity, thank you verry much, i'll keep posted.

Well they're supposed to let me know about their stocks and availabillity, thank you verry much, i'll keep posted.

Sounds great. If not ill look around some more. It took me about a year or so of looking to find them. Dont give up

Sounds great. If not ill look around some more. It took me about a year or so of looking to find them. Dont give up

So for infos, Brad's had 25 pieces left and told me those were the last ones for real:)
Prices went up i think since you bought yours, $3,25ea.

Would it be possible for you to take a picture of those "metal spring clips w/nuts" for me to figure out?

Thanks

So for infos, Brad's had 25 pieces left and told me those were the last ones for real:)
Prices went up i think since you bought yours, $3,25ea.

Would it be possible for you to take a picture of those "metal spring clips w/nuts" for me to figure out?

Thanks

Glad you were able to get some, theyre definitely getting scarce out there.

If I get a chance this weekend I'll look through my trim and see if I have any of the spring clips left. I remember them being at the 4 corners of the car. Just can't remember how big they were.

-
Back