69 dart Need ideas on Rims and sizes.

-
Ive got 15x6 with 215 tires up front and 15x7 with 255 tires in the rear. Fronts are billet specialties street lites and the back are some old steelies. Those rims were temporary but I kinda like the look!

Attachments

• IMG_4322.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 399
I have 17's on all 4. 245/50/17 rear could go a bit wider. 215/50s on the frt tad to wide. Hits fender on the inside at over 1/2 turn. Going down to 205/50's They are Ridler rims, 5 buy 4.5 17inch with 4 inch B/S I like the colour combo and reasonable in cost. Just a option and thought. Make them in 15inch as well

Attachments

• IMG_0039.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_0040.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 353
Revolution wheels (licensed by American Racing) You can find these on Ebay, in different sizes and finishes, and reasonably priced. Of course they are large bolt pattern.

15x7 Rear with 225/60/15's

15x6 Front with 205/60/15's

Attachments

• dart1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 401
Geez. Finding a 5x4 wheel is like finding a unicorn!!!!! I discovered the American racing series isn't available in a 5x4!!! Crap!

Don't know how you get 8" Cragars under a dart. My 6" and 225 70 tires are really close, cannot get my finger between tire and 1/4. Cut the lip back to increase a little when they were repaired before paint.

Guess with the right offset or shortened rear end you could get more under it.

It's all in the backspace, I don't know how they're getting 17's by anything under the early A's!!! I measured my 6" deep dish rims and they had room on both sides for another inch or 2 of width, and about an inch of clearance on my early Cuda! I have 3 different backspacing a to play with to check the backspacing!!!

Geez. Finding a 5x4 wheel is like finding a unicorn!!!!! I discovered the American racing series isn't available in a 5x4!!! Crap!

First of all, I think your car looks great the way it sits.

So you know, you have 14"×5.5" steel wheels on your car. They are a sought after rim, and becoming harder to find. Dont just give them away. They are of value.

The only other way I would go with your car, is to paint your 14" wheels gold (body color), and put on a redline dog dish.

You got a great car, keep it Mopar !

Attachments

• 9B149198-6sm.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 323
Now that is a heck of a good idea. It looks like your 69 has this look going on. I looked into changing to BBP....$$$$$=Yikes!!!! I agree completely with you Johnny Dart. I guess I gotta find some red line dog dishes. A hell of a lot cheaper than new rims/rubber etc. and I really like the look.

Now that is a heck of a good idea. It looks like your 69 has this look going on. I looked into changing to BBP....$$$$$=Yikes!!!! I agree completely with you Johnny Dart. I guess I gotta find some red line dog dishes. A hell of a lot cheaper than new rims/rubber etc. and I really like the look.

Make sure you keep the original full wheel hubcaps in a box, tucked away.
If you ever go to sell the car, you will get the most for it being all original.

PS:
The gold car is not mine, I found it on the Internet.

Herb's has it...

http://www.herbsparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=247-R

And so does ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nice-Dodge-...ash=item35f7ec1c35:g:wdsAAOSw3KFWeyqv&vxp=mtr

Tough question for sure !!! I was given these for a bd gift 25 years ago, didn't even know what exactly they were, turns out 80-81 mirada , cordoba !!! Ive had a ton of questions about them, only a handful of people knew what they were off of !

did I do it right this time ??? holy crap !!!

Attachments

• IMG_0545.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0668.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 343
Since I have the same color combination, so this should give you an idea as to what the dog dish caps would look like. I am running 255/60R15 with 4.5" backspacing on the rear and 215/65R15 on the front.

Attachments

• dart.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 311
That's great guys. I think the dog dish is the way to go budget wise for me at this point. Gold68dart.....I think in 69, correct may have been body color on the wheel. I'm told Napa, can make me a shaker can of spray paint to match......anybody know if that's a fact, or not? Body color on the 69 dog dish ones? I wonder what it would look like body color??? I'm not good with computers so.....maybe paint one wheel and have a look. I really like the black background.

Johnnydart: You bet....I found out these 5.5 wide rims area tough find out there. So, they are not leaving my shop, ever. Caps will go in a nicely packaged box, for future use.

I'm just looking for a sportier look for regular driving.

There is a guy on eBay selling American Racing Torque Thrusts and some other popular wheels in a 5x4 SBP. I think they get them from the factory and drill out the bolt pattern. Seems legit. I have talked to him a couple of times. I believe they are called Ron's Rims (from PA somewhere).

That's great guys. I think the dog dish is the way to go budget wise for me at this point. Gold68dart.....I think in 69, correct may have been body color on the wheel. I'm told Napa, can make me a shaker can of spray paint to match......anybody know if that's a fact, or not? Body color on the 69 dog dish ones? I wonder what it would look like body color??? I'm not good with computers so.....maybe paint one wheel and have a look. I really like the black background.

Johnnydart: You bet....I found out these 5.5 wide rims area tough find out there. So, they are not leaving my shop, ever. Caps will go in a nicely packaged box, for future use.

I'm just looking for a sportier look for regular driving.

Do you know the color of your car ?

Look for the code on the fender tag, inside the engine bay. Y4 ?

Yes sir, factory Y4.
attachment.php

I was wondering if you ever saw that decode image I did for you. :)

Cop car wheels, dog dishes. 275/60/15 rear and 205/70/15 front. I wish I had gone to a taller front tire though.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 301
You bet I did! I hope you saw the "thanks" I sent over. I really, really appreciate it!!!!!

I'm glad that you found it helpful! :)

Unfortunately, this Forum doesn't let me see who has "thanked" me so I wasn't sure if you ever saw it. :(

Just thanks you again DDaddy. I appreciate all the help with the fender tag and the photo shop rim options.

Now we're talking! Got my new wheels and rubber on today! I love the look WAYYY MORE than the factory hub cap look.

Attachments

• IMG_20160222_113449683.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 201
Those look sweet! What size rims and tires did you end up going with and where did you end up finding the rims in small bolt pattern and for how much?

-
Back