69 dart quarter window

-

rm69dart

Reaction score
hey need help, need to know if the rear track on the quarter window has a plastic roller that goes the track, all i have is a ball type metal piece that is in the track i feel something is missing. checked other side and it is the same. please help cant seem to adjust the window.

I have the same problem on my 67 Dart - for me it looks also that there´s something missing.... does anybody know ?

Rgds
Lars

The nylon rollers are missing, deteriated over time. I belive the rear windows have a double roller that pivots on the ball you mentioned. Check rt specialties, they should carry them.

Attachments

• rollerguide1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 433
Yeah, I think all you need is the roller that goes on the ball side of the pivot. It should just press on, so you shouldn't need the whole assembly, just the roller (the bottom one on the picture). I had the same issue on one side of my car, but luckily had the other side to know what I was missing, lol. Pretty sure RT had them when I looked a week or two ago, I think $3-5 for one.

Great - thanks! This helps a lot!

Have you fixed yours yet? I have the same issue and I ordered the black rollers p/n 1000058 from RT Specialties. When I got them, I realized they weren't the right ones.
I called RT and he said I needed p/n 0764325 which is a white roller already attached to a ball stud. I asked him if he was sure because mine are black, he said the factory may have used some black ones.
It looks like a PITA to get the clip off the back of the stud. If you know an easy way to change it let me know, because my windows seem to roll up and down just fine, I'm not sure if I want to pull the whole assembly out to mess with that one roller.

You are correct the window takes a double roller. One side fits into the lower window mount and the other to the vertical guide. Iwent thruogh this about 2 months ago . got my replacements from R/T specialties. I bought 2 have an extra one. Also have a complete set left and right side window regulators window mounts ,front and back guides. Regulator work good. I'm selling cheap.

You are correct the window takes a double roller. One side fits into the lower window mount and the other to the vertical guide. Iwent thruogh this about 2 months ago . got my replacements from R/T specialties. I bought 2 have an extra one. Also have a complete set left and right side window regulators window mounts ,front and back guides. Regulator work good. I'm selling cheap.

What part # did you order, and did you change it while it was in the car? Any tips/tricks?

What part # did you order, and did you change it while it was in the car? Any tips/tricks?
I just looked to see if it had a part # It didn't. If you want you can by my extra. Working with the quarter windows is about as frustrating as working with electrical. You can put the roller in with out taking the window out but its a sqeeze. You will need to take the old roller and put it on the new roller and stud and snap the keeper washer on.take the side panel off . you will have to use both acksess holes. I had my window felts out that made it easier for me. Once you get one roller into the window frame you will have to roll the window up until it gets to the top of the vertical guide. You may have to remove window stops so it can go up that far. Once you get the roller to the top its just a matter of working the other roller into the guide.

This is the part that I was told I needed by RTSpecialty...

Attachments

• 0764325-1.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 365
This is the part that I was told I needed by RTSpecialty...
Thats it. Pm me your address and I'll send mine to you no charge, thanks for the info on my electrical, thats what it was. Just didn't seem right to have main power in through the cluster.

Thats it. Pm me your address and I'll send mine to you no charge, thanks for the info on my electrical, thats what it was. Just didn't seem right to have main power in through the cluster.

Thanks for the offer, but I went ahead and ordered a complete B body kit, because I'm sure I'll need rollers for my Charger restoration. I'll just take the rollers out of that kit for my Dart.

As for the power wire, many Mopars have caught fire due to that design.

-
Back