69 Notchback Mod Top $5000 Illinois. Marketplace NOT MINE

-
I had one of these. Bought it in 94 in Portland Oregon. 318, 904, 8 3/4 suregrip.
Green, green interior, buckets, console. Ran and drove great. Had rallyes on it when I got it.
Paid $1600. I only kept it for less than a year. Had to thin the herd... I knew it was unusual but not do RARE.

Since there was no call outs on the car, what on the fender tag denotes the car as a S car?
Nothing, because a standard Barracuda optioned with a 340 is still a base Barracuda. Just like a 70 challenger ordered with all the RT options and a 340 is still a base Challenger.

How do you define a base car?
In E-bodies it is easy. A BH is a base Barracuda. In 69, a A56 (Cuda) or A53 (Formula S) would be an upgrade in trim, engine, and suspension by definition of the upgrade package over the base model. A non A56 or A53 would be a base car which could be ordered with some of the options of the A56 or A53 but still would be a base car. That is the way I see it.

A53 on fendertag?
I see someone just bought the Illinois car, was posted on Facebook. Here is a pic of the 340-S car I helped restore. Only thing we didn't put back to stock was the V7W white pin stripe...

Modtop fender tag.jpg

Going by your word. No offense but where is documentation that states this? Nothing at Hamsammich site, I havent seen an original and I haven't seen one on here.

Going by your word. No offense but where is documentation that states this? Nothing at Hamsammich site, I havent seen an original and I haven't seen one on here.
I don't have any documentation, I am a Dart guy who dabbles in Barracudas. Only what I have learned over the last 45 years of buying, selling, and restoring them. Galen's White Books says the 340 hardtops are regular Barracuda's and A53 Formula S and the fastbacks are regular 340 and A53 Formula S. But I have owned and seen 69 Barracuda's with 340-S badges that have the same VIN, but I haven't seen any documentation from him either. So what makes them 340-S? I believe the badging could be on some regular Barracuda's and some did not.

-
Back