Status
Not open for further replies.

68 Sedan

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Ok..Six Barrel

Hate to do this, but life won't leave me alone, and this is the only way I can come up with enough $$ to do me any good.....

Real deal 69 1/2 six pack road runner RM21M9A
I've owned this car for 10 years, and it has always been a Texas car. NOM, but numbers matching 4 speed and original 4.10 Dana. Runs and drives. I rebuilt the front end years ago so I could drive it. I have new Legendary interior for it, except for door panels.

This car is a total stripper from the factory. No rear arm rests, colored front arm rest bezels, bargain basement steering wheel, and radio "delete". Still has the no hole fender. All original sheet metal. Hood was total trash, so I have a new one (not one of those lite weight racing pieces). Will probably need patches on lower quarters, but that's it. Floors are SOLID!

Car is complete except for fast idle solenoid and Prestolite. Yes the intake, carbs, exhaust manifolds, "H" wheels, and that $2000+ breather assembly are all there. This is THE car to restore.

26 pics here:
http://www.moparpics.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album216&page=1

Located just south of Ft.Worth. Could possibly deliver to Carlisle
Serious only please $45K

817-602-5389

(wheels in the pic are NOT the "H" wheels and are no longer on the car)

You're killing me...

For Everyone Else's Edification: I sent 68sedan a PM yesterday bemoaning the timing of his car going up for sale. I have wanted an A12 car for seemingly my whole life. I have even been thinking about selling a couple of my cars to finance an A12 acquisition or A12 clone project. Then up pops this post. I would have to get rid of both of these other cars in order to complete this transaction - and stay married, you married guys know what I mean - but one is unfinished and the other would take some time to sell... Now you know the rest of the story... Thanks for listening to me whine...

Ray

You're killing me...

For Everyone Else's Edification: I sent 68sedan a PM yesterday bemoaning the timing of his car going up for sale. I have wanted an A12 car for seemingly my whole life. I have even been thinking about selling a couple of my cars to finance an A12 acquisition or A12 clone project. Then up pops this post. I would have to get rid of both of these other cars in order to complete this transaction - and stay married, you married guys know what I mean - but one is unfinished and the other would take some time to sell... Now you know the rest of the story... Thanks for listening to me whine...

Ray
I am on my 3rd marriage, but i have 7 mopars floating around.....

I've owned this car for 10 years....waiting to restore it. I had hoped I could restore it while I still owned my Challenger and show them both side by side. Imagine, a B5 Six Pack Challenger 4 speed and a B5 Six Pack road runner 4 speed!

But that didn't happen. I suffered an on the job injury and was off work for 2 1/2 years. During that time, my mom passed away. And since I was living with her in the "old family home", this was a problem.....once my brother and sisters decided they wanted to sell the house. That was going to leave me with no place to live.

So the house was sold, and it cost me $1500 a month to stay there till I could get out. I bought my 2 acres, moved my stuff into 6 storage units, and lived in a 16' trailer for 9 months while waiting to put up my building. That's when I sold the Challenger. It paid for the building. Since then (I bought the property in 03) I've managed to work for a total of about 3 1/2 years. I haven't worked since last October.

What I've been trying to do is just build cars. But without having the money to invest in the shop it's been tough. I got my two lifts last October when I got my "one big" piece of mineral lease money. That hasn't paid worth a tinker's darn either.

Anyway, I've tried to push forward. I need the Sedan done to "advertise", which is why I've been buying lots of parts trying to get set to knock it out. I donated to memike cause his story yanked at my cold heart. I bid in the auction for the same reason, cause in his and David's case, I may be broke, but they are broken.

There is more to this story, but I think you get the idea. The bird has to go to make some bad things that have cropped up go away. It will also finish the Sedan (that's the "silver lining")

If you care, you can see some of what's gone on in my saga of "living in a big metal box" by going here:
http://www.moparpics.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=Welcome-to-Tems-world

I am on my 3rd marriage, but i have 7 mopars floating around.....

I'm not sure that you understood because in an attempt to be brief I didn't give enough info... Looking to get rid of some Brand X pieces in the garage...The Mopars aren't going anywhere...

I have a '67 Malibu that I bought as an unfinished project from a guy going through a divorce. Body has been off of the frame. Drivetrain / suspension are done. Nice 355 w/ splayed mains, World heads, Scat Crank & Rods, custom Roller. B&M Turbo 400 & Super Holeshot. Reworked 12 Bolt w 4.10 and adjustable control arms. I added drop spindles and discs. The remaining big items that it needs are the trunk floor and lower qtrs replaced. Then just the usual paint/assembly/detail. It came with boxes & boxes of new parts/interior/trim. It was a good deal purchased solely to finish and make a dollar or two on. Then I have a '78 Z-28 Pro-Streeter. Professionally back-halved and caged. A nice car with limited appeal because of its construction & intent. Not everyone is looking for a two-seater that rides like a buckboard and packs 4.86 gears in the rear. It wouldn't sell in a week or two. Hence my original comments about timing; It is highly doubtful that I could finish & liquidate quickly enough to suit 68sedan. And I'm not going to attempt to make my dilemma become his. My comments regarding the wife were basically regarding maintaining a balance between home & hobby, and not strapping us financially (even in the short term) to drag home another project car. Both of my '70 340 Dusters need to be gone through, I have another '70 that is in the process of a 340/A833 conversion, I mentioned the Malibu, and there is an AAR and a '71 Chally drop-top that require head to toe attention. She loves the cars too (the Swinger in my avitar is hers - I just like the dogs being in the photo!) but she just thinks that I already have too many irons in the fire...

Meanwhile I'm trying to figure out a way to convince her that tapping into our savings and maybe taking out a small second mortgage are a good thing...LOL!

Ray

You can always get another wife.Can you get another A12??

Good point. I'd better keep this wife however; she likes cars, motorcycles, dogs, football, travel, and adult beverages. In short - all of the things that I do. That A12 isn't going to knock back Cuba Libres made from smuggled in rum at NFL games with me...

:toothy10:
Ray

If you care, you can see some of what's gone on in my saga of "living in a big metal box" by going here:
http://www.moparpics.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=Welcome-to-Tems-world

Wow, Tem! Nice job on the Swinger! You do REALLY nice work. Can you share a trade secret with me? How did you mask off the grill on that Dart to finish it in the correct '70 configuration? I finally gave up on Tammy's car and painted it like a '71... Don't mean to hi-jack your thread. My apology.

Ray

Not a problem Ray. I spent a lot of time masking that grill, even leaving a "factory screwup" on the driver's side. A guy I know who built "Nadine" a purple Caddi that is one of the top 100 street rods came in while I was masking that grill. We yacked for a while as I worked, then he finally said "I couldn't do what you do. Don't have the patience for it. That's why "I" do "We be Hot Roddin n ****". No rules to follow like in a resto".

I think what really blew him away was when he asked why I wasn't laying the tape down on the edges. I said "You do that, you get sharp edges. I need to feather them".

You ready for the real stunner? I did that car in 9 WEEKS. Ironically, Buddy, the original owner, only got to enjoy the car again for about twice that long before succumbing to his cancer

and thanks for the kind words btw. It really sounds like you want this car, and I would like it if there was a way to work something out.

I was afraid you'd tell me that the grill was the result of just old fashioned hard work & perserverance!!! What I was hoping was that you'd tracked down the company that originally did these for Ma Mopar and bought the only remaining 42 paint templates in the world which were found lying on a dusty shelf somewhere in Toledo... LOL!

Sorry to hear about your buddy succumbing to cancer; I guess the silver lining is that he got to enjoy his car for his last few weeks and I'm sure that meant the world to him. Again, nice job.

Sent you a PM on the A12.

Thanks,
Ray

One thing I said "HAD to happen" after I got that Dart done, was Buddy had to take it to our club's annual show in April. He did. I was a judge, but not for that class, and (not that it would have mattered) no one knew I restored that car....unless Buddy told them while he was there. Anyway, it won the A Body Restored class and you could have knocked Buddy over with a feather. That was also one of MY better moments as well.

I didn't know Buddy very well, but I enjoyed doing that car and making his life a little better for a while. The flip side is I haven't done any more work for the A-hole who foot the bill for Buddy's car. He screwed me just before the car was finished. But I rose above and finished the car, cause "I" couldn't have slept nights knowing it wasn't finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back